new shed

https://www.rackzone.ie/long-span-racking-2000hx2000wx600d-250kg-shelf?fee=5&fep=265&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqs3rBRCdARIsADe1pfQE9hd16MmnAquEurVFxhp3ujp0hCuhP-PextBoCK0NIC5360-Hb1MaAuhBEALw_wcB

what you reckon with the price of these shelves? i think their crazy expensive,196 euros each,i need 2 ,but i be f****d if im paying 400 for 12 ft of shelves...im going to try 2cd hand stores and see if i can do a lot better than that ,or am i behind the times where things like this are concerned ,lol

30 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

https://www.rackzone.ie/long-span-racking-2000hx2000wx600d-250kg-shelf?fee=5&fep=265&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqs3rBRCdARIsADe1pfQE9hd16MmnAquEurVFxhp3ujp0hCuhP-PextBoCK0NIC5360-Hb1MaAuhBEALw_wcB

what you reckon with the price of these shelves? i think their crazy expensive,196 euros each,i need 2 ,but i be f****d if im paying 400 for 12 ft of shelves...im going to try 2cd hand stores and see if i can do a lot better than that ,or am i behind the times where things like this are concerned ,lol

Make them out of 3x1 1/2 and either 18mm osb or 18mm ply I’ve made loads and they’ll take 250+ kilo of weight no probs

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Balaur said:

their the kind of prices i was imagining ,im in the wrong country though lol

1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Make them out of 3x1 1/2 and either 18mm osb or 18mm ply I’ve made loads and they’ll take 250+ kilo of weight no probs

i might look into that ,but to be honest ,im fecking woeful at making anything other than noise ,ive no mental capacity for measurements or planning ,

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

i might look into that ,but to be honest ,im fecking woeful at making anything other than noise ,ive no mental capacity for measurements or planning ,

They’re pretty straight forward no mitres or fancy joints just straight cross cuts and screws and nails for anybody who isn’t good with they’re hands or for a more skilled man then he can house the racks and mitre the corners of the timbers under the ply and if they’re free standing just plumb them up and nail a batton diagonally at the back to hold them square

• Like 1

Just have a drive round your local trading estate most warehouses have stacks of the stuff laying around and if you don’t want to take it just ask I,m sure someone would give you a load for a drink, think cost co online also sell those units for cheaper than that and deliver, fecked if I,d pay 400 for a couple of shelves a sheet of 28 mm marine ply is only 140 and will last for ever and won’t bend or warp ✌️✌️