It’s that time of year again

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Happy smiley faces  looks like you all enjoyed the last day and thats what brings us back for more 

It’s nice to be out with people that all enjoy the day and it’s good that we have the kids with us because they are who will keep this going ?

Last day tomorrow and as I can’t go because work has a way of ruining my life, longshanx’s will be shooting for me tomorrow, so remember it’s the last day so if it fly’s it dies, best of luck mate and I’ll be expecting the last days write up on this thread ?

• Like 1
On 31/01/2020 at 21:12, BenBhoy said:

I thought it was more of a soiled undycrackers kinda pose

Nah! That's more of a keep your legs close together and clench your arse cheeks kind a look BB??

If that pose happens I'm stood like a telegraph pole with a worried look on my face??

• Haha 1
On 31/01/2020 at 20:58, Stavross said:

Last day tomorrow and as I can’t go because work has a way of ruining my life, longshanx’s will be shooting for me tomorrow, so remember it’s the last day so if it fly’s it dies, best of luck mate and I’ll be expecting the last days write up on this thread ?

I'll get one done mate, probably nowhere near as good as the write ups you've been doing but I'll try me best??

You've done a cracking thread, role on next season when you can start another one?????

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I’ve had a little break from my duties at the shoot, so today decided to do a few small jobs, firstly filling a couple of feeders with the leftover wheat for the pheasants that are still about and the large amount of songbirds, it was good to see a fair few more hens about than the cocks. After gathering up the feeders and electric fence units I decided to make a list of repairs needed to the pens, it turns out that with all this wind we have had there’s a fair amount of damage to all 3 of the pens, these repairs will be carried out at the end of spring once the weather improves, so with the repairs, ride cutting and pest control I’ll no doubt be a busy boy, I did manage to find a new active fox earth, this was given away by fox poo on top of every mole hill at the corner of a wood ( why do foxes like to crap on top of mole hills? ?)  so this will be getting some attention in the coming weeks, with the wind picking up and the snow moving in I decided to call it a day, I’ll just keep pecking away at the jobs when I have the time and before you know it the season will be with us again 

4C5D340A-25B3-402D-A8F2-F1DCE7B5AC0B.jpeg

C9F55735-28F2-4E28-8990-224937F5977A.jpeg

270588BB-AEB1-44C2-9D80-7081E11DDBB4.jpeg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

They are marking their territory mate. It lasts longer elevated off the ground some.

Someone once trashed an empty fag packet on a shoot I frequented. A couple of days later and there was a turd on it!

It must be desperate to let every other fox in the area know that’s its spot because there was a good 15 mole hills and every one had a little ? on it

• Like 1