What you playing at stav

With that little foxy fecker playing on my mind I thought I’d give it an hour before I lost the light, on arrival I headed to the rear field where the miss happened as I came  to the end of the hedge back I spotted the little begger crossing the field on a public right of way, unable to take the shot as I would be shooting in the direction of a caravan park I got myself set up at the top of the field hoping to draw it up the field with the hare call, giving it 40 minutes or so and starting to loose the light I spotted a shadow making its way from the front field along the far hedge back, so this was not the one I seen when I arrived as it had crossed a road to get into the field, giving it 5 minutes or so to make its way down the field and really starting to loose the light it arrived at a safe shooting position, there was no mistake this time with the telltale thud, I gave it another 10 minutes to see if anything else turned up, but nothing showed, I had now lost any light so called it a night, as I didn’t take a lamp with me I text the farmer telling him where it was and he said his lad should be bailing tomorrow and would look for it, if he’s not I’ll have a walk down because as you all know if you don’t find it, you can’t claim it ?

F533E4E1-FA50-413D-86A3-811F83C747D0.jpeg

3D2EA908-0FBB-48BD-8159-2AC536DB3372.png

• Like 2

Well done Stavross . If you don’t find it straight away , give it a couple of days in this weather and your nose will lead you to it , then you can addd it to your tally . Don’t break the rules , they are there for a reason . “Keep it real”?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ianm said:

Well at least you got one.

Why didn't you go and pick it?

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Well done stav. Nicely played. How far was it?

I didn’t go looking for it as I’d lost the light and didn’t have a lamp with me because I wasn’t planning on staying until it got dark, I also knew that me or the farmers lad would be there this morning, it turn out that it was closer than I had thought, he rang me to say it was in the second cut where as I thought it was on the hedge back, so there’s a good chance I wouldn’t of found it last night, where I thought it was is about 135 yards, where it actually was will of been under 100, I asked him could he send me a picture of it for my records and his reply was “ what you doing taking pictures of dead foxes you f*cking weirdo I’ve chucked it in the hedge “

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

I didn’t go looking for it as I’d lost the light and didn’t have a lamp with me because I wasn’t planning on staying until it got dark, I also knew that me or the farmers lad would be there this morning, it turn out that it was closer than I had thought, he rang me to say it was in the second cut where as I thought it was on the hedge back, so there’s a good chance I wouldn’t of found it last night, where I thought it was is about 135 yards, where it actually was will of been under 100, I asked him could he send me a picture of it for my records and his reply was “ what you doing taking pictures of dead foxes you f*cking weirdo I’ve chucked it in the hedge “

Fair enough,. i have to say i have a photo of every fox shot. They are all printed out and in albums of the type that has a fairly large margin at the side to enable you to write in it. All the details are written at the side of the photo such as  where, when, rifle, scope, illuminater, sex etc. I started doing it a long time ago when i heard certain forces where trying to pry guns back from their owners under the guise of not enough use. I decided to compile evidence of use just in case. My area didn't use that tactic but the way i see it  is they might in the future so i continue to fill album after album. They are also a good source of information to work out trends etc for different farms.

• Like 3