I use a piece of wallpaper on some 1/4 ply at 28 yards zero for .22 and 38 yard zero for .177. " On a perfectly still day "  ( ish)

Good old fashioned ground workers tape or modern range finder for precise ranges. ( I`m not a chair gun fan ) :no:, although the method is excellent, I love old school. :icon_redface:

Get your first zero, leave your preferred magnification settings alone and work back at 5 yard increments making note of your mill dot to point of impact results through your scope.

Works for me and gets me some extremely accurate results ( most times) :whistling:

Good luck,

Mark.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, villaman said:

Chairgun is ok but make sure all the info is correct.

I have used chairgun to set up my impact and its on the nail from 30 yards out to 138 yards 

How is the fac impact going VM?, just out of curiosity have you thought about giving the  new slug liner barrel a try out...

5 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

How is the fac impact going VM?, just out of curiosity have you thought about giving the  new slug liner barrel a try out...

Yes I have but can’t get hold of one at the moment but a British company have started making slugs which works in the stx liner , which is the standard one in the x barrel impacts and crowns 

I have ordered a tin but at 30p a shot they will not be a plinking pellet ?

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:09, Furrosious ferreter said:

Just reallised that at anything but zero im possibly going to be hitting the other aim points... 

Oh well will see how it goes and put a pic up...

I expect it to look like someones shot it with a shotgun.

FF

You will, but you should still be able to work things out.  It would have been better to use a long board vertically, and extend the gap at each distance, but I don't really see an issue as long as you check/mark each gun before moving to the next! 

A pic after you have checked them all will be good!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
On 21/07/2019 at 00:17, villaman said:

Yes I have but can’t get hold of one at the moment but a British company have started making slugs which works in the stx liner , which is the standard one in the x barrel impacts and crowns 

I have ordered a tin but at 30p a shot they will not be a plinking pellet ?

They are expensive at the moment from what I've seen, just thatbive seen that matt dubber and a couple of others from.over there is SA seem to swear by them...

27 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

They are expensive at the moment from what I've seen, just thatbive seen that matt dubber and a couple of others from.over there is SA seem to swear by them...

Don’t believe the hype , these guns have been extremely modified to shoot  slugs 

normal FX guns will not shoot them that great , believe me  i have tried 

you just need to look at the Airgun nation forum to see what’s , what 

7 minutes ago, villaman said:

Don’t believe the hype , these guns have been extremely modified to shoot  slugs 

normal FX guns will not shoot them that great , believe me  i have tried 

you just need to look at the Airgun nation forum to see what’s , what 

So it's not just changing the pellet liner for a slug liner then?