( celebrity trawler men at sea CH5 )

10 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

The town I live in is a fishing port, apparently if rabbit is mentioned before a trawler sets sail the crew decide against heading out

Its frowned upon here to whistle aboard, ole superstition about bringing on bad weather I think, I bet theres loads if you look into it

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

On 05/07/2019 at 17:36, DIDO.1 said:

The reason the boat had so many problems is cos one of the celebs was eating bananas on board!!! 

My digging.fishing pal  won't let a banana on board and  will refuse to launch or even climb aboard if i have one in my snack bag,i even own half the boat but that makes no difference they ain't allowed on board end of..

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its frowned upon here to whistle aboard, ole superstition about bringing on bad weather I think, I bet theres loads if you look into it

Superstitious folk fishermen. Worked on fishing a fishing boat for a while, they told me they didn't like a  Priest or Boss eyed women on the Quay. Whistling was well frowned on as you will whistle up the wind, the old sailing ships would get becalmed and whistle because they wanted the wind.

Rabbits feck you never mention them some might call them "Bush Congers" to get around using the word rabbit. Was told that in most ports (especially in the south west) you worked on fishing boat or in Quarry's, lot of quarry men killed by rabbits disturbing rocks and stones from above in the old days. Not sure if it's true but makes sense you might have family in both trades.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1