.223 scope to 600 yards?????????????

Help me out please.

Save me scouring the countryside, I need a scope for a new .223 I'm buying as a Club/Guest rifle.  This is a target only scope.    This will be a perfectly reasonable setup without getting near World class, I can already hear where some will be going on this, but I have delivered 8 V Bulls and 2 Bulls with my T3Lite .223 at 600 yards with a £40 JSR scope on top at the time, and that is plenty good enough, but I need something a bit better that will stand the test of time, this will be a long term investment for my Club.

It MUST cope with 600 yards without daft mounts of shims.

It will mainly be used at 200-300 yards but 600 is essential.

I know a lot will struggle to give me enough elevation, so thats no good obviously.

Now the fun part, budget is £300 to Absolute max of £400.

Suggestions please!

Cheers

PS Scope only ideas please, I have set our Club Armourer the task of delivering a shortlist of suitable rifles.

Thanks again! :thumbs:

8 hours ago, Deker said:

Help me out please.

Save me scouring the countryside, I need a scope for a new .223 I'm buying as a Club/Guest rifle.  This is a target only scope.    This will be a perfectly reasonable setup without getting near World class, I can already hear where some will be going on this, but I have delivered 8 V Bulls and 2 Bulls with my T3Lite .223 at 600 yards with a £40 JSR scope on top at the time, and that is plenty good enough, but I need something a bit better that will stand the test of time, this will be a long term investment for my Club.

It MUST cope with 600 yards without daft mounts of shims.

It will mainly be used at 200-300 yards but 600 is essential.

I know a lot will struggle to give me enough elevation, so thats no good obviously.

Now the fun part, budget is £300 to Absolute max of £400.

Suggestions please!

Cheers

PS Scope only ideas please, I have set our Club Armourer the task of delivering a shortlist of suitable rifles.

Thanks again! :thumbs:

Personally Deker I would have a look at Vortex scopes for that price, optics warehouse, combined with Vortex lifetime guarantee and the aftermarket sales optics offer I could think of worse places to look 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, delswal said:

Personally Deker I would have a look at Vortex scopes for that price, optics warehouse, combined with Vortex lifetime guarantee and the aftermarket sales optics offer I could think of worse places to look 

I was going to say optics warehouse too, they have some good deals on at times and also some bargain second hand ones (guaranteed). They've been good to me over the years and vortex are a good scope if you don't wanna pay £10000000's

• Like 1
22 hours ago, delswal said:

image.png.70b1c0f11c67b6835003ac44a466e05c.png  

I have these Deker can't fault em, Vortex Viper 6.5 x 20 x 50 £395 I'm sure these will get you the distances your after 

That looks a chance!  Seems like it will give me the elevation.

Cheers. :thumbs:

Ok, the Vortex Viper 6.5 x 20 x 50 seems to be on the shortlist, but I've nevr seen through one, what is it like at the top end, x20? 

Everyone is different and I have no issue with 8-12x out to 600 yards but several in the club will think 20 is a bit low, but if it works well there and not all milky/hazy then I sould be able to make the case.

Cheers

I use the 6x24x50 LR Vortex viper on my .243 and the glass is superb,  no milky view on high mag and the amount of light it pulls in is amazing, I’ve used swarovski’s that are no better and twice the price, I’ve shot out to over 500 yards at a target with it and it is crystal clear 

4 hours ago, Stavross said:

I use the 6x24x50 LR Vortex viper on my .243 and the glass is superb,  no milky view on high mag and the amount of light it pulls in is amazing, I’ve used swarovski’s that are no better and twice the price, I’ve shot out to over 500 yards at a target with it and it is crystal clear 

Cheers, but I would hope that would be fair, I believe its about £850.

The Vortex Viper 6.5 x 20 x 50 is about half that price and right at the top of the budget for my club!

:thumbs:

2 hours ago, Deker said:

Cheers, but I would hope that would be fair, I believe its about £850.

The Vortex Viper 6.5 x 20 x 50 is about half that price and right at the top of the budget for my club!

:thumbs:

Yeah I think I paid £680 for it, what I have noticed with vortex is the quality of the glass, I’ve used the cheaper models and never seen any misting, what they say it’s capable of seems to be the case, unlike a lot of other scopes ?

Have a look at athlon scopes at OW , i have just bought a midas hmr and am very impressed indeed , so much so i will be investing in another shortly , the hmr is on sale at £395 although there are several different models some cheaper , some more expensive , at present not that popular  but give them time