Winchester Ballistic Silvertip

Well, on a trip to my local RFD to pick up some 12ga Shells for the Semi-auto I thought I would peruse the ammo cabinet. Always up for a bargain I spied these little beauties. Worth a go in my .223 Savage. At just 12 quid it was a no brainer, sadly only the one box though. Not had chance to try them yet. Has anybody ever used these, are they good, bad or just gimmicky? Cheers in advance guys.

Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 55g.jpg

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’ve used them in .243, they say that the coating on the tip slows the expanding down, all I found was they killed sh*t like the rest of them ?

Pretty much can't ask for more than that really Stavross, if it drops them it's all good :)

7 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Mate of mine used them in his 250. I didn't like them.

Very unpredictable results untill he slowed them down to 223 levels then they behaved more consistently on contact!

Aahh, some hope for them in .223 cal then at least Sausagedog.....maybe :boogy:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

That bullet looks like it’s been through the wringer!! Looking at the case it looks like they have been scavenging empty cases up the range . And that’s a new bullet ? 

Looks like one of David Blunkett's home loads ffs 

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

That bullet looks like it’s been through the wringer!! Looking at the case it looks like they have been scavenging empty cases up the range . And that’s a new bullet ? 

Surprisingly yes, straight out of the box.....deffo see the imperfections when the picture is blown up like that. Probably zero like a shotgun too :) :)

• Like 1