For the protection of blackbirds

All the blackbirds nests that I’ve found this year haven’t made it past hatchlings. I found another this week, in the ground. Sure enough though, the jays were on patrol this morning around this nest on the ground. They made off on my approach. When I revisited it they were around again. I was thinking, I can see what’s going to be happening here today. Following the terms of the GL regarding jays at the moment, all I could do was to warn them off. I had to wait almost an hour and a half to give them both a good telling off. I think they’ve got the message and should keep away now as they are intelligent birds. Here’s one that got raided with two eggs in, and the one in the ground still with five eggs at the moment anyway.

6B36BB46-5F33-4D9C-A160-9C2DE1D2254C.jpeg

041F5E6E-4955-487D-BF77-5021213F4B7D.jpeg

• Like 2

On 23/05/2019 at 20:36, foxdropper said:

Just keep scaring them mate .Ive found a Pellet to the head proper does their head in .

Yeah but you can't touch them now unless you've applied and been granted one of the new licences. I'm guessing for many people it's too much hassle.