Target rifle

I popped into my RFD today to pick up some pellets and sat on the display wall was a gun that took my eye, an Air Arms MPR 10 sporter target rifle.

https://www.air-arms.co.uk/mpr-series.html

This one was far from being standard, with a high tech fully adjustable aluminium shoulder unit, not sure what they are called but not a pad and is the same unit that is fitted to the FTP900 rifle. The standard diopter sights had been replaced with a fantastic set, a hamster was fitted to the underside of the forend and a super dooper match trigger unit from Rowan engineering.

The temptation was to great to just leave it alone and therefor took it down to shoulder it, wow this gun is a perfect fit after a few tweeks to the stock. This was the first time I had ever held a rifle with this type of butt pad and must say how well the rifle locks into place and with the hamster it was much easier to hold the rifle still. This will make a brilliant bell target rifle. I did a rough pricing up job and think new the outfit sits as £1200-1300 so the s/h price tag at £675 for this mint package is very tempting I confess. ?

Phil

No, but I am just considering it at the moment because there is only so much I can do and the bell target group is starting in the Grimsby / Cleethorpes area so still early days on my patch. I would love it but not sure as yet.

Funnily enough I’m thinking of jackin the pest bashin in for a while and getting back to the good old comps. I don’t know why like, perhaps just a change of scenery. 

10 hours ago, Rez said:

Funnily enough I’m thinking of jackin the pest bashin in for a while and getting back to the good old comps. I don’t know why like, perhaps just a change of scenery. 

The bell target shooting that you came along to near Market Rasen is not far for you and now they have built up a league for team shoots and if it was closer, I would be involved but winter evenings on slippery roads is not for me. If the league gets going at my end, a quick drive down to Cleethorpes is a breeze. 

I might pop over and try the gun out today or tomorrow, just another wedge to hit the friggin pension. You know, being retired is great BUT the lack of a nice salary does hit you even though I have a private pension but cost of living etc etc etc ?

Phil

• Like 1