Bunnies Down Under

G'day all,

It's been a while since I posted a hunting write up in here.  It's been a while since I went hunting to have anything to write up.  
Anyway, I picked up a nice rabbit permission recently.  I went to have a look early on Saturday.  Came away with these 5, all taken between 30 and 50 metres.  I missed a couple, too, but I'll get them next time!

Happy shooting, all.

DACC5B7A-111F-49C2-AB9F-4788DC6D7FF5.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Ron, good result with a great gun. What power do you run air rifles at down under.

An old neighbour of mine used to drive trucks in your country and he told me back in the 1970's you could just stop the truck out in the wilds, take your pistol and simply fire into the field, which normally would result in a bunny or two for lunch which was cooked at the side of the road. Never sure if that was bullsh1t or true.

Phil

10 hours ago, philpot said:

Nice one Ron, good result with a great gun. What power do you run air rifles at down under.

An old neighbour of mine used to drive trucks in your country and he told me back in the 1970's you could just stop the truck out in the wilds, take your pistol and simply fire into the field, which normally would result in a bunny or two for lunch which was cooked at the side of the road. Never sure if that was bullsh1t or true.

Phil

Thanks Phil.  There's no power restriction in Australia, but all airguns are classified as Class A firearms, the same category as rimfire and shotguns.  I don't have a chrony, but I believe that my .22 Wildcat is shooting at the standard 30ft/lbs level. 

I can't say for certain if your neighbour is BSing you, but it doesn't sound too improbable, honestly.  Guns were pretty easy to come by in Australia until the National Firearms Agreement came into being after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996.  Not sure how legally he'd have been firing from the side of the road into a field, but I doubt that was of any concern to him!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

• Like 1