Yes they went to the self levellers on the SG5 model which where shite. The shockers not the car. 

Pedders do a direct replacement which are good especially if going off road. 

Have heard of people using discovery springs which new shocks. 

• Thanks 1

This is what ive done disco springs on forester struts  i thought my wheel bearing needed replacing its not shocker legs broken in half only down side to disco springs is if you dont have weight in back it shakes a bit if u doing motorway journeys 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, twelsh said:

This is what ive done disco springs on forester struts  i thought my wheel bearing needed replacing its not shocker legs broken in half only down side to disco springs is if you dont have weight in back it shakes a bit if u doing motorway journeys 

Have just bought a forester xt. It will be my second forester. Will be beefing up the rear suspension with disco springs I think. Cheaper than buying pedders again

• Like 2

Rear ends high but hit a 5 inch pot hole at 30  mph it feels like you hit a kurb good if you put 2 lads in back 3-4 dogs then you dont get that boaty feeling i may be put pedders on or iron man lift kit on rear 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 10/03/2019 at 19:55, dogmad riley said:

Have just bought a forester xt. It will be my second forester. Will be beefing up the rear suspension with disco springs I think. Cheaper than buying pedders again

Get a picture up ...mines been a great motor but I am starting to get a itch for something else 

15 minutes ago, kanny said:

Get a picture up ...mines been a great motor but I am starting to get a itch for something else 

Not quite as nice as yours lol. 

Very fun to drive got few mods to do to it. Lift kit and mud tyres

20190512_204212.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, dogmad riley said:

Not quite as nice as yours lol. 

Very fun to drive got few mods to do to it. Lift kit and mud tyres

20190512_204212.jpg

Looks great , and if I'm honest I prefer that classic shape to my facelift model...keep us posted with the upcoming mods :thumbs:

Just now, dogmad riley said:

Will do, just on with changing rear wheel bearing. Should be done 2moz.

I had my rear bearing done not long back it  was a proper tw@ it had my mechanic cursing :laugh: hope your goes easier :thumbs: