Hw35 stripdown

Started to have a go at stripping the 35 piston seems like it will polish up one lug snapped off the .metal spring guide and a wonky spring. Some deep scores on the piston. What should the cocking arm touch inside should it be metal to metal ? Looked to have caught the spring a couple of times 

IMG_20190111_050407.jpg

IMG_20190111_050433.jpg

IMG_20190111_050416.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flynndog said:

Started to have a go at stripping the 35 piston seems like it will polish up one lug snapped off the .metal spring guide and a wonky spring. Some deep scores on the piston. What should the cocking arm touch inside should it be metal to metal ? Looked to have caught the spring a couple of times 

IMG_20190111_050407.jpg

IMG_20190111_050433.jpg

IMG_20190111_050416.jpg

Take the seal off stick the piston in a drill

put some wet ,,,wet and dry in your hand set the drill away and smooth the piston off where the deep marks are

take care not to take to much off

once you have done that smother the piston in autosol get a cloth set the drill away again and polish the shit out of it

if the seal mis ok but dry drop it in a tub of hot water for a while this will soften the leather and make it expand so you will get a better seal when put back into the chamber .

i use 800 grit wet and dry flynn

heres one i did

P201211_16.40_[01].jpg

P231211_03.47.jpg

P231211_14.22.jpg

P231211_14.31.jpg

• Like 3
8 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Take the seal off stick the piston in a drill

put some wet ,,,wet and dry in your hand set the drill away and smooth the piston off where the deep marks are

take care not to take to much off

once you have done that smother the piston in autosol get a cloth set the drill away again and polish the shit out of it

if the seal mis ok but dry drop it in a tub of hot water for a while this will soften the leather and make it expand so you will get a better seal when put back into the chamber .

i use 800 grit wet and dry flynn

heres one i did

P201211_16.40_[01].jpg

P231211_03.47.jpg

P231211_14.22.jpg

P231211_14.31.jpg

How tight should it be down the cylinder ? It needs a bit of force to push it down seal is quite tight 

On 11/01/2019 at 16:21, flynndog said:

How tight should it be down the cylinder ? It needs a bit of force to push it down seal is quite tight 

It needs a bit of resistance to push it down or its not doing its job, better still would be get the later piston or the conversion kit, and fit a Vortek seal on it, but test it, as they do tend to up the power quite a bit.

I found the wembley tracker the best for shooting out the van , but swapping guns over to shoot in the vehicle lost its appeal to me after i read about a guy sot in the groin bleed out before they could get him to hospital  even going threw fences  to get to a road 

7 hours ago, The one said:

I found the wembley tracker the best for shooting out the van , but swapping guns over to shoot in the vehicle lost its appeal to me after i read about a guy sot in the groin bleed out before they could get him to hospital  even going threw fences  to get to a road 

He must.of been swinging gun around pointing at each other ours are always pointed at the floor when we turn em they never point at anyone point at roof can't see how anyone could get shot in the groin