Cold and quiet

Woke up this morning the car showed minus 5 but quickly went to minus 2 as we got driving . Took all the dogs today and thought try some banks and small rubble patches. All was blank until the very last spot where the busher gave a good holler to herself and the old jack followed they went round and round a few minutes barking and crashing then nothing until the old terrier squeezed into a one holer off a tree and got a quick result

944ABD61-D5A9-4A2D-802D-A633AF1B9848.jpeg

• Like 19

Love bushing, but I haven’t been since both my jack russell’s passed away. For me waiting for the rabbit to bolt while the terriers are yapping.......lurchers flying back and forth in anticipation of the bolt.......then the chase......usually short, but brilliant....can’t beat it.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Still tagging along wi the lad then John won't be long for he fecks you off out the road

H

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Still tagging along wi the lad then John won't be long for he fecks you off out the road

Mate am hanging out this for aslong as a can when he goes his own way am back to speaking to maself when am out ?

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

Love bushing, but I haven’t been since both my jack russell’s passed away. For me waiting for the rabbit to bolt while the terriers are yapping.......lurchers flying back and forth in anticipation of the bolt.......then the chase......usually short, but brilliant....can’t beat it.

Ur right there mate I love it. Unfortunately I don’t have many rabbits but even waiting on the bigger stuff it gets the old blood pumping 

• Like 1

Not hijacking the thread, but thought I’d post a pic of my two bushers taken from about 8 years ago......both cracking little bushers. The one on the left used to think she was a lurcher at times waiting for the other to bolt it while she flew after it with the lurchers. She was fit as a fiddle one day the next she got seasonal canine disorder.....straight on drip at vets, dead three days later. Had the other 15 years. Good times.

45660863845_03cc4b5e99_c.jpgUntitled by Short Straw, on Flickr

• Like 3

Oh yes lots of fun......and times when I felt like pulling my hair out waiting for the little black faced one to come back after going missing for half hour........only to realise the poor little bugger had been dragging a rabbit back for me......what a site that was......Christ knows how she used to catch them never mind retrieve/drag them back.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Haha 2