Red dot sights

The German L4 reticle   post, cross hair with a red dot is a fantastic reticle for both target and hunting with the .177 cal .

I use the Hawke Endurance with that reticle on my HW 97 K .177,  very, very accurate set up.

The red dot sights mentioned are a bag of $hit to be honest.

I used to use a Hawke red dot on my lightening for about 4 months. Still have it to be honest. The optic I mean, its on me 45 at the minute. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdI1XX3nBeW/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

1 inch groups at best at 25 or so yards. Now that maybe just the rifle to be honest. However. Had a couple of rabbits with it though. Somewhat satisfying really, like with open sights if you know what I mean.

If ya gonna get one to use, it pretty much has to be a 1 MOA dot, as anything more, like the usual 3 MOA, the light or “dot” is just to bright and big to accurately position on the point of aim at anything more that 10-15 yards. 

There’s an article in a recent magazine I think about the use of dots on airguns. 

A guy told me that he swore by them for ratting, a pal of mine gave me one to try but in all honesty I didn't find it anywhere near as effective as using my NV units.

Never knock it until you try it but I think they are not worth the money and the time testing them.

Phil