Training/ Practice with Target Air.

Not sure about others but my Christmas has been rush, rush throughout, today included.

Managed to nick a whole 30 min`s to myself this afternoon and gave a session to my Pro Sport on the target air cards. Boy are they trying, the squirrel target only being the size of a bloody mouse to start with.

The untouched Pro Sport .177 was carrying a fair zero but these targets don`t half sharpen your zero up lads, a must have bit of kit now.

Here`s the target stand again, very strong and rigid.

IMG_1243.JPG.19903cabb26f719b2f788f4454b41188.JPG

Take in the size of the squirrel target :icon_eek:

IMG_1246.JPG.e2edd46dc314f7e45a09ab9f7b8d6e31.JPG

I took this out to the 38 yd zero mark.

IMG_1245.JPG.17e9d307f39e50277edc1d6e3d9b7d57.JPG

My first two shots struck high between the ears, gave two clicks down and went for the eye,- got that, then put 9 shots just behind the eye, through the brain.

These targets are designed to really test you lads, great fun as well. :good:

atb  Mark.

• Like 5

Me and viz were just on about this this morning buying and making our own targets

and setting up our own shooting range on one of our perms

getting a fold away bench and two chairs

then we can plink away all day for nothing

some thing we are going to look into i think

makes sense when you think about it we have all this land yet we go to a shooting range to shoot targets lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Me and viz were just on about this this morning buying and making our own targets

and setting up our own shooting range on one of our perms

getting a fold away bench and two chairs

then we can plink away all day for nothing

some thing we are going to look into i think

makes sense when you think about it we have all this land yet we go to a shooting range to shoot targets lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

That Nighthawk air rifle/ pistol target holder is fully adjustable, very strong steel tube and folds right down easily Jimmy, great value for money.

This came from Outdoor Value, Morton Peto Rd, Great Yarmouth, NR310LT.

Shooting indoors will never, ever allow someone to learn how to shoot with the wind, you made a good decision money wise as well.

1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

By the way Mark nothing wrong with that PS mate nothing at all

by the way i did tell you they were shit ;)

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I`m so glad i listened to you mate, i would never let my Walnut Pro Sport go, they are deadly to small game.

IMG_1014.JPG.7b4efff90cd5aa954969b13017a8db6d.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 1

You hit the nail on the head Jimmy, loads of land to shoot on and then off to the range for target shooting.

My shooting partner and I have been thinking about setting up a range and unfortunately missed out on a woodland perm which had pathways through the part of the wood where the pine trees were planted years ago making a brilliant range but alas it was not to be.

Still looking though or perhaps an area which we already have but not so easy.

I very much like the look of the target stand Mark because with that one it could be set up above long grass etc, does the stand have height adjustment. My targets are all ground based which is not always ideal.

Phil

5 hours ago, philpot said:

You hit the nail on the head Jimmy, loads of land to shoot on and then off to the range for target shooting.

My shooting partner and I have been thinking about setting up a range and unfortunately missed out on a woodland perm which had pathways through the part of the wood where the pine trees were planted years ago making a brilliant range but alas it was not to be.

Still looking though or perhaps an area which we already have but not so easy.

I very much like the look of the target stand Mark because with that one it could be set up above long grass etc, does the stand have height adjustment. My targets are all ground based which is not always ideal.

Phil

Here you go Phil, worth every single penny of £25 and £5 delivery- fully adjustable up to 6ft 6inch by the look of it and on windy days those legs will widen right out.

Absolute bargain in my opinion for sub 12 ft/lbs.

Don`t do a Jim, ( Rimfireboy), on it though. :rofl:

IMG_1256.JPG.036e00376f9754e5b34fb139f33541af.JPG

4 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Good shooting Mark. I need a new target holder myself. Last one didn’t stand up well to .22 hornet ?

touch to the right I think 

FF09E624-3090-409E-B225-4F49CDFDD3DF.jpeg

76C8AE07-6452-4F7E-B136-21164A797096.jpeg

FFKS  Jim  !

Should be a one hole group you twat !   :laugh:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

Here you go Phil, worth every single penny of £25 and £5 delivery- fully adjustable up to 6ft 6inch by the look of it and on windy days those legs will widen right out.

Absolute bargain in my opinion for sub 12 ft/lbs.

Don`t do a Jim, ( Rimfireboy), on it though. :rofl:

IMG_1256.JPG.036e00376f9754e5b34fb139f33541af.JPG

FFKS  Jim  !

Should be a one hole group you twat !   :laugh:

I know Mark, but it was considerably further than 38 yards?

• Haha 1