Based in Leicester and after a long break due to work again looking to get back into it. I have still got the odd bits of kit and a bsa lighting all set up and ready to go. Just really struggling for permission as before? I do live close to a golf course that has shut down and is over ran that the council owned, any suggestions who to get on to to try and gain permission (no ones been over there for 18 months) or any other tips. Cheers 

To be honest, if the council owns the golf course, it is very difficult to get permission because there are so many rules within the council that will prevent them from giving you permission. If you want to try, look through the Leicester local gov site and get in touch with the parks dept as a start.

Phil

• Like 2

its hard to get council permission ,had to give up a big school even though I had the permission of the caretaker the council would not allow it,it was night time shooting only loads of rabbits right next to a railway line

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The one said:

Get insurance  and do a risk assessment and then ask the council  , they have runs but have a duty of care to the neighbours etc to control pests 

Excellent idea, the councils all round the country have got to produce risk assessments for everything they do so it will at least make them see you are seeking permission in a very professional manner. It may well be worth producing a map showing the full outline of the golf course and where you think the rabbit issue is, also print out a Google Maps photo of the site and it's relationship to houses, public paths etc.

Good luck

• Like 2