lead free pellets

1 minute ago, webster said:

wouldnt be too bad if as the guns are licensed we could up the power ,, but were stuck with the bullshit as only law abiding folks have applied for the licence so their thousands of non licensed guns out their   

That was always going to be the case. The people who abide by it are the people who won’t misuse airguns anyway, so it won’t achieve anything positive. Just a wast of time and effort for everyone involved, all based on prejudice. Kranky was never going to listen to reason or common sense on this one, just determined to force it through regardless.

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:46, Ron Weasley said:

No first hand experience but honestly I don’t like the idea. I’d imagine they are lighter, and harder - so they fly quicker and don’t deform on impact, as you said.

I’m also not sure how I’d feel about putting a material harder than lead through my barrels either.

There is a lot of stuff harder than lead that goes through rimfire and centrefire rifles and a darn sight faster as well, to be fair the odd barrel does wear out.   

Most lead free air gun pellets are an alloy and still relatively soft in comparison with your barrel!

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Never use them.

And has there ever been hard environmental evidence to support the claims of greater benefits to the land you shoot over? The vast majority of shot ammo over farm land is going to wind up in a rabbit's/squirrel's/rat's/pigeon's bonce surely?

The barrels of my Weihrauch and Pro Sport spring airguns are choked and a pellet, made from a hard metal that will not flex or shape as it passes through the finely narrowed muzzle and crown, is possibly causing long term wear damage. 

Then there is the question of consistent precision accuracy. 

Barrel-friendly lead will perform better accuracy than an inflexible metal pellet?

Use soft lead pellets that will conform to your barrel and get them from a dealer who is happy to serve you well. Not by his personal opinions.

ATB.

Simon

• Like 3