Jump to content
socks

Pups

Recommended Posts

Any litters on the ground fellas I’m in need of a bushing dog .......

Share this post


Link to post

What sort you after. I know a lad who’s cocker dog has caught his little hound if he keeps them

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, neil b said:

Did you not get one recently? 

Got one six months ago unfortunately after six months of trying she is the most gunshy dog I’ve ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mark r said:

What sort you after. I know a lad who’s cocker dog has caught his little hound if he keeps them

That could be a possibility 👍

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, socks said:

Got one six months ago unfortunately after six months of trying she is the most gunshy dog I’ve ever seen. 

Not ideal then, 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, neil b said:

Not ideal then, 

She practically crawled up her own arse on bonfire night and took her three days to come around .......

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

I might know of a cocker terrier dog think its a year old done nowt any interest or wanting a pup ?

Share this post


Link to post

Mine is a little gunshy . He fine in UK where the drives are mostly away from the guns for the majority of the drive but no good for rough shooting as soon as the bangs get loud he just walks to heel keepers think he's steady as haha. Not too bothered as he's for the lurcher work really. I think I could overcome it if I thought it was necessary . Good luck finding a pup I'll ask about but think you know most of my circle. Would a spaniel not suit you better?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, socks said:

Picked up a pup today pat x cocker ......

 

You soon got sorted socks good luck with this one 🤞

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Nice pup ken any reasons why you went for a terrier/cocker over a say a cocker?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, darbo said:

Nice pup ken any reasons why you went for a terrier/cocker over a say a cocker?

Cant speak for socks but i think alot worry about cockers not bieng hard enough but if allowed they will soon get stuck in and cockers especially if shown enough at the right time will use there voice ive found.

 

looks nice little pup. I do like the cocker terriers just dont like it when they drop in lol

Edited by C.green

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, C.green said:

Cant speak for socks but i think alot worry about cockers not bieng hard enough but if allowed they will soon get stuck in and cockers especially if shown enough at the right time will use there voice ive found.

 

looks nice little pup. I do like the cocker terriers just dont like it when they drop in lol

Thanks CG Ive only had terriers for 35 years bushing marking for ferreting etc. I have watched spaniels but my experience is limited and ive only watched 1 terrier/spaniel and that was over 15 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×