I have used both of these PCP pistols and the Hammerli AP20 is amazing but not cheap.

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog/hammerli-ap20-air-pistol-p-1463.html

The Air Arms Alfa is a nice pistol but for me not as good as the Hammerli for handling and holding aim.

https://www.air-arms.co.uk/showroom_product/alfa-pistol

I depends on what you want to spend, like all guns. My pigeon / rough shooting guns is about £500 s/h but my Clay shooting gun was nearly £4k s/h so horses for courses.

Phil

Thanks Phil.There’s some fantastic Pistols available but I’m thinking something older at around £400 ish maybe? Just for the experience really. I don’t know if it’ll go anywhere from there so don’t want to jump in at big money pistols atm.? 

• Like 1

RfB ave a butchers at Freeadds,  online there,s a huge selection of used airpistols and rifles for sale covering the whole of Britain.You can set up email alerts till you get the 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 that you want.

Remember shiny itis is an infectious and contagious problem that doesnt go away just because your safe is full 

• Like 1
On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 20:26, Rimfireboy! said:

Thanks Phil.There’s some fantastic Pistols available but I’m thinking something older at around £400 ish maybe? Just for the experience really. I don’t know if it’ll go anywhere from there so don’t want to jump in at big money pistols atm.? 

It's difficult to know where to pitch this.     For experience then you probably want as cheap as you can get.      For anything a bit serious the money just piles on, and the serious ones get personal, so resale can be very difficult.

I've done very little air pistol target, but used to do a lot of .22lr pistol target years ago.   It was great fun, and we treated it as fun, none of us at the club were International level but we competed in postal leagues!

:thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deker said:

It's difficult to know where to pitch this.     For experience then you probably want as cheap as you can get.      For anything a bit serious the money just piles on, and the serious ones get personal, so resale can be very difficult.

I've done very little air pistol target, but used to do a lot of .22lr pistol target years ago.   It was great fun, and we treated it as fun, none of us at the club were International level but we competed in postal leagues!

I agree. I was considering an FAS, but for the price of a new entry level pistol I might be better off with an older but higher spec piece like a feinwerkbau model 2.  The thing is finding one for sale that I can have a look at and handle first. I know there’s plenty of new ones for sale in the £700-£1800 range, but I’m not that serious about it.?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Deker said:

Any progress on this Rimfireboy! ?

Unfortunately not, although I’ve been busy and haven’t had much time to follow it up. I did consider having a look at Steyr in solway, but then stopped myself because I didn’t want to walk out with an £1800 air pistol. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done similar. I think I might have to have a better look in the new year on the used market. 

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Unfortunately not, although I’ve been busy and haven’t had much time to follow it up. I did consider having a look at Steyr in solway, but then stopped myself because I didn’t want to walk out with an £1800 air pistol. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done similar. I think I might have to have a better look in the new year on the used market. 

Good luck whatever route you take!

• Like 1