Longnetting at night

smithie

I was there tit head it was flailed so we could do it just because you can't see it does not mean its not there. Also had to cut down lots of young black thorn suckers to create a path. As said 15 and two away I'm alway happy with them odds.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s all about getting out Fred , numbers are a bonus to me. I have a lovely drop not too far from home and a 20 min walk saw me at the bottom of a bank . On the other side of the bank is a 10acr

Only five but it was good to be out with a likeminded chap.

Fred.. it’s thl mate, there are a lot of folk doing a lot of things which they don’t post about.. they can’t do with the bitching and clowns that frequent thl ,it’s a shame cos there were some very kn

Posted Images

Not a good photo mate its being blown inside out, and taken from the last pole.  Used to use hazel set at 45 but started to use them blue poles for hard ground, they have a 6" nail set in the bottom. Thats a 4z  100 yd half bag which have put new running lines and shortened to 75 yd (Better bag)with fibre glass poles and a medium basket. Also just got 2 x 50yd in a large basket, so have to get used to them never used quick sets before. The blue poles I've now shortened to 24" not counting the points and use vertically with a older 100 yd 6z fun bag net. 

Back to the % no problem with a fairly straight hit but will get a few don't get snagged if they are running parallel inside the net, which we get a lot of on them thick hedges. Out of the 15 we caught that day about half were in poke nets on the top of the hedge or back netted in purse net because they run the hedge so much. But the rest meshed up okay in the long nets.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
9 hours ago, micky said:

DON'T FEED THE TROLL,  START ANOTHER THREAD AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS PERSON BECAUSE HE IS LOVING YOUR WEAK COMMENTS MAN UP AND GO FOR ITS THROAT .

I’m a pasifist, I think everything can be sorted with a cup of tea , slice of cake and a nice quiet chat ?

1 minute ago, Mr Wilkes said:

It could be too windy Fred but the drops we have in mind should be ok ... it’s pest control mate pure and simple ??

no problem with that. I meant this late in season it's hard to find rabbits in numbers. if the drops are there I am all for it. ?

16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Ye never know ? I always got the quickest in car an only ever tried it twice at night but now me mutt out of action an i out an about all night anyways I may try an drop it without ringing any bells to the bunnies ????

go for it. is your quickset one of nelsons?