Bit of advice please if anyone can, I've finally sold the nitesite rtek and the viper connect scope and I am looking at buying the photon RT, now it's going on a sub 12ft/lb air riffle for mainly rabbits at the moment, which model would be more beneficial the 4.5x42 or 6x50, I have got an external IR if needed so that's not an issue, also the bsa r10se in 25cal isn't selling so I'm going down the road of getting it converted to a 22, as a part-ex deal with a shop would get me very little towards another rifle, but I do fancy the hw110.... 

got to agree with baldcoot, I had the xt 42 before the 6.5 RT I have now!

I like the photon's because they suit my needs, I mainly use it during the winter for ratting with the early dark nights... regarding magnification I wish id bought the lower mag as

its got a better field of vision which isn't a bad thing and for the few benefits which the new one has over the old you may as well buy a second hand xt and save a few quid!

seen your other post and what villaman said about the add-on is its worth having a think about... xt/rt all day long for farm ratting but if I was mega into rabbiting id probably go with an add-on

as you can have right till last light with your day scope which will beat any n/v scope during daylight!

basically the RT has a better I/r over the xt and is more than capable of lighting a field up and the zero function is super easy but the stream vision  is pants!

• Like 1

Curveball for you the 760 add on is only 350 quid from a certain gent on here ,and mr Blackwood outdoors has video footage its a blooming good picture and far cheaper than a new photon .Only saying like :whistling:,if /when my photon turns its toes up im having a 760 .

But if your on a budget the photon is around 200 quid second hand and works atb 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Curveball for you the 760 add on is only 350 quid from a certain gent on here ,and mr Blackwood outdoors has video footage its a blooming good picture and far cheaper than a new photon .Only saying like :whistling:,if /when my photon turns its toes up im having a 760 .

But if your on a budget the photon is around 200 quid second hand and works atb 

Thx for the offer, but the photon rt is on its way to me as I write this ☺, I'm not a fan of add-ons I tried the nitesite and got rid and all add-ons add length to the scope so its either an uncomfortable position tonshokt from or as for the 760 it would mean me moving the scope forward to use it normally....