My predicament advice please

Lots of positive advice on here, but the fact remains that if you don't have time for the dog and it's not getting the exercise or attention it needs, the problem will only get worse. It's not fair on the dog or your wife if it's causing tension in the household. It's all very well saying stick with the dog, but if neither of you have enough time or energy to give the dog what it needs, I really think it would be best to find it another home. BUT please don't just give it away to anyone. There's plenty of people who'll say yes, they'll have it, and further on down the line you may find they've neglected it, left it stuck in a kennel, done nothing with it, or sold it on again. This happens all the time. People are full of good intentions and then change their minds, or their own lives may take a more complicated turn for the worse. If you do decide to rehome the dog then get in touch with Lurcherlink, who really do understand lurchers and their needs and thoroughly vet potential owners.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There's no dilemma here. Rehome.  There's lots of psychological  pressure with regard to dogs. 'A dog makes a happy home', the 'faithful lurcher providing food for the family', a 'dog' is for life etc. 

A family is for life ffs. If the dog is causing tension and stress then rehome pronto. You can buy another dog when your situation improves. You can't buy another family.

Let's face it dogs in this country are put on pedestals. Everybody wants to rehome one from a rescue centre and 'virtue signal' whilst doing so. I've rehomed dogs, I've put some dogs down.  So have lots of people on here. Its real life. Shit happens. Cry over the dog's photo and make a song and a dance about the situation if you want, but, ultimately smell the coffee and get rid.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

There's no dilemma here. Rehome.  There's lots of psychological  pressure with regard to dogs. 'A dog makes a happy home', the 'faithful lurcher providing food for the family', a 'dog' is for life etc. 

A family is for life ffs. If the dog is causing tension and stress then rehome pronto. You can buy another dog when your situation improves. You can't buy another family.

Let's face it dogs in this country are put on pedestals. Everybody wants to rehome one from a rescue centre and 'virtue signal' whilst doing so. I've rehomed dogs, I've put some dogs down.  So have lots of people on here. Its real life. Shit happens. Cry over the dog's photo and make a song and a dance about the situation if you want, but, ultimately smell the coffee and get rid.

And that’s just about the height of it, and have a had long think before getting another.