Indonesia's Dog And Cat Meat Trade

Dogs and cats blow-torched alive at Indonesia 'extreme' market despite a promised ban.

New calls from pretty much everyone for them to enforce their ban as graphic footage emerges of dogs and cats being bludgeoned and blow torched while still alive.

The article doesn't contain footage besides a couple of stills.

Just now, Welsh_red said:

Why do they need to blowtorch them while their still alive.  Surely theirs better ways of doing it if they insist on eating it .

Seems to be a focus on "celebrities" being involved for some reason 

Dunno mate. If they want to eat them there's not a lot anyone can do as there is clearly a market for it but bludgeoning them and burning them alive is just plain ol' wrong.

Fair chase and all that...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

Why do they need to blowtorch them while their still alive.  Surely theirs better ways of doing it if they insist on eating it .

Seems to be a focus on "celebrities" being involved for some reason 

Hopefully sir Bob, Brian May and Lilly Alan will end up on the spit being blow torched then, really have no problem with the killing and eating of anything myself but I believe if your taking a life give it the same respect as you would want if things were the other way around ???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If i went down to the local market, set up a stall and started blowtorching live cats and dogs, I'd be considered a wrong'un and rightfully so. Yet over there it's f***ing normal...anyone that could do that to an animal when there's other ways to get the job done is a sick f****r IMO

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dave88 said:

If i went down to the local market, set up a stall and started blowtorching live cats and dogs, I'd be considered a wrong'un and rightfully so. Yet over there it's f***ing normal...anyone that could do that to an animal when there's other ways to get the job done is a sick f****r IMO

Simple people following tradition because they don't no any better, if your kids saw this on a regular basis they would assume it's normal and grow up doing the same, education is the answer, sadly the Chinese eating rhino horns, Tigers dicks sharks fins and whales don't have the same excuse, but no one wants to upset them because it might effect there trading status 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Simple people following tradition because they don't no any better, if your kids saw this on a regular basis they would assume it's normal and grow up doing the same, education is the answer 

That's it in a nutshell.