Hw100 in the sheds

Had a call this evening off a farmer I shoot for regularly. The feral pigeons in his sheds had gone from the odd one or two to around 50 this summer. when I drove into the yard I could see them flying in and out of the sheds in numbers. So got the faithful weihraucht out and got to work. First look at the sheds made me realised why he'd called, there was pigeon dropping covering everything. Layered on all gates and anything horizontal (and the odd vertical object). Had around an hours shooting before it got dark and typically i'd left the lamp in another vehicle. Shot 28 this evening with the others left not coming anywhere near the sheds whilst I was still there. picked up 23, the local bird of prey helped me get the higher ones cleared up. 

IMG_0926.JPG

• Like 8

Good shooting, the others will be back. We cleared ferals from some factories in the nineties. We used air rifles and took the dead ones away in black bin liners, lots of black bin liners full of dead ferals. Hundreds of birds in a few visits, everything in there was covered in pigeon sh!t, the problem had become so bad.