DIANA MAUSER K98 OVERVIEW PICS.

Here's a few pics of the Diana Mauser K98 in .177 caliber. The rifle is starting to bed in now and today's shooting produced some lovely raggedy, single hole groups at 30 metres. This rifle is a springer. There's no gas ram in it, despite some reviews saying it is, that's crap! 

It is,l believe, based on Diana's brilliant 460 Air Magnum underlever. So this rifle will tune up to FAC level, 16 ft/lbs output. Perfect for a .177 air rifle on ticket. 

But, as it is now, it has all the accuracy and power you need to make this a really effective, accurate hunter. And that's what I'll be using it for, once I get it tuned and smoothed out. It twangs like hell and has a fair bit of recoil to it but, it's settling down into a really nice, sweet shooting rifle.

The Diana TO6 trigger unit is one of the very best I've ever used on an air rifle. As easy to set up with a few turns of a screwdriver.

All you see here, is all wood and metal. No more plastic bits thank God! 

It's  brilliant rifle and I love it. 

.22 version on the cards I think!

Cheers lads.

Simon

17 minutes ago, pianoman said:

1676A2F7-AA99-43BC-9DF8-C8A000C7C6F8.jpeg

CF5DD6B6-BFCB-49AE-A53B-19D82F397B26.jpeg

E9867B42-AAA1-48DF-B6BC-E835B1EC42E7.jpeg

Simon that dose NOT LOOK LIKE AN AIR RIFLE  my old friend

It looks like it wants fac,d

Get Tim to boost its power

it looks like an old ww2 sniper rifle

feck i want one now lol

out of all the rifles you have Simon thats one of the best looking rifles iv seen in a long time my old friend

No doubt next time im at yours ill be playing with it lol

enjoy her mate

Would be nice to see a 303 replica air rifle mind

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

That's what I was waiting for - the money shot :thumbs:

And what better way to get the picture than on an old skool satchel :yes:

I like that Simon - I'm not sure that I possess the skills to be any good with one but, I do like how it looks.

....... I'll look forward to the hunting posts with it :good:

• Thanks 1

When can we expect you down then Jimmy?! Get one of these mate, you will absolutely love it! Doesn't matter what calibre. It's a feckin' masterpiece. 

Handles and feels exactly like its 8mm original sister. Trigger's seriously, out-of -this -world good!

.303 Enfield Mk3 or a Garand M1 rifle would be superb. They could build them on this 460 chassis. 

Cheers buddy.

Simon.

22 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

That's what I was waiting for - the money shot :thumbs:

And what better way to get the picture than on an old skool satchel :yes:

I like that Simon - I'm not sure that I possess the skills to be any good with one but, I do like how it looks.

....... I'll look forward to the hunting posts with it :good:

Thanks Jon. Alas it seems I cannot post more pics than this of it. These Mauser K98s are superb shooting guns. You'll love regardless of how you shoot with it Jon.

Thank you my friend.

Simon

• Like 1

Well Simon, that`s one handsome looking rifle from those pictures.

The bluing looks lovely and deep and nothing is more important than a damn good trigger to take a rifle seriously.

No, joking aside, that rifle looks very nice indeed. 

Enjoy mate, we are all looking forward to your first hunting sessions with her , that`s for sure. :good:

Which scope is she carrying mate ?

atb  Mark

• Like 1

Hi Mark, thanks mate.

This is what your purchase of my HW97K has been turned into....

The scope is a BUSHNELL SCOPECHIEF 4-14x50 AO. It's clocking on 20 years old but still is very accurate zero and holds it throughout any amount of recoil, and very good at range finding just reading off the markers on the focus ring. I've used it on every new rifle I had to test pellets, but, it's staying put on this Mauser K98. 

This Diana TO6 trigger is a recent development from Diana, and it is seriously lovely. Right there with the Rekord and Air Arms CD  You can adjust first stage take up, second stage let-off and the sear. All on a screwdriver.

Think you'd love a shot or two with it mate! It absolutely exudes quality.

All the best Mark. Cheers mate.

Simon

• Like 1

I don’t post as much but when something new comes up then one just has too. 

Love that my man. There’s something about the k98 that just getsthe skin tinglin. Probably games from years ago. 

I heard there quite heavy those Diana’s... 

Great buy that Simon. Bloody keep us all updated with images and that.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rez said:

I don’t post as much but when something new comes up then one just has too. 

Love that my man. There’s something about the k98 that just getsthe skin tinglin. Probably games from years ago. 

I heard there quite heavy those Diana’s... 

Great buy that Simon. Bloody keep us all updated with images and that.

It's a truly beautiful, solidly made rifle Jamie. You are most welcome to pop over here and have a shot or two with my guns. 

The rifle is hefty at a shade over 9lbs unscoped. And the point of balance is nose-forward by a good 9 inches ahead of the trigger guard.

I'm going to run her in with a tinful of ammo then look to getting her tuned, if Tim/Charlie Caller can help me with that? 

It twangs like hell but it is a seriously accurate rifle and deserves refining. 

You will love it I'm certain mate.

All the best Jamie.

Simon

• Like 1

Nice HW77 Mark, was this once Jimmy's rifle?

One of the features I love about the HW77 full length rifle, when I first bought mine, is its handling and very much like the Mauser K98. Especially with the early Mk.1 stock that Jimmy refurbed for me.

Now I have this Mauser K98 proper, I'm totally sold on them. I will definitely be adding the .22 version as soon as l can. 

Just a tremendously good fun rifle to shoot and really collectable as classic pieces of air gun and rifle history I reckon.

.And despite what some reviews on YouTube have said, this rifle has more than enough power and accuracy for hunting.

• Like 1

Yes Simon, bought the old lady from Jimmy as he is setting his stall out to go FAC and shot gun.

Took your old girl out tonight mate,as well, the HW97K .177, she`s really delivering to the table Simon :good:

She`s in the hunting section again tonight mate.

My very  best wishes mate,

Mark.

• Like 1