6x24 scope on 17HMR?

On 22/08/2018 at 13:58, Deker said:

If someone wants/likes a Fixed scope and/or FFP then great for them, their choice, but for anyone to slag off SFP zoom scopes as inadequate, complicated, milky, etc etc simply shows a woeful lack of experience/knowledge!

I didn't say any of those things. Merely that with a FFP it holds it aim at all zooms so you don't need additional BDC for the zoom. I also agree with small quarry, the reticule can potentially obscure the quarry, depending on the type of reticule in use and the magnification applied. It's horses for courses, both FFP and SFP have their advantages and disadvantages. For me personally, I see more of an edge to a FFP, as any reticule issue can be alleviated by a careful choice of reticule type in the 1st place and the advantage of not having to worry about 2 sets of BDC is greater than reticule issue which can be managed by choice.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come in handy on long range mice!   U ?

Thanks for the input fellas. This topic has certainly raised a debate on FFP or variable mag. To me I think it’s just personal preference. For me I think it’s stick to what you know and

You made a statement...………… A zoom will hold it's aim if it's 1st focal plane.  implying a SFP scope doesn't, not true, it holds its aim point 100% if you just dial it in!   Its all very well regurgit

Posted Images