great walk in the woods

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had great walk in the woods this morning , nice and cool in there . Dogs were squirrel bashing  lol  , Bryn put up a charlie   by the top of the bank , it  jumped down the bank, which got to be about

yeh mate , there were  6 pups , 3 dogs 3 bitches  ,  the one male  still  worked  last i heard , the other male , kept by the  lad who bred them  father , he dad does keeping work, and wanted just gua

Lol she a mallinois coursing type f1 blacky we bred couple yrs back now she will get some this fall she only been lightly worked, this her handler we start them young atbbill 

Posted Images

On 29 July 2018 at 13:58, spanielsandhawks said:

Bird,  impressive looking animal that buck when I seen him in the flesh a few weeks back, pictures of that dog don’t do him justice,  wouldn’t you rather put him back to something smaller and lighter to keep something going from him ATB

He does really needy to go to a fast hard coursingype fa runners he will make em strong both physically and mentally.atb bill

• Like 2

wwe did that xs blacky eighties.  F1 greyhound alsation on a whippet grey bitch ,bitch retained made around twenty three ok on small edible needed be doubled on larger edible  she belonged two an old friend we ran her regular with a pure greyhound male who became okay on the game, .atb bill

• Like 1

Sorry , 

just intruiged . 

So if you had a fast well bred coursing bitch proven and in season , what would you say the benefits are to put buck over her rather than say another proven coursing dog or a decent all round day night dog from a more conventional breeding ? 

On 30 July 2018 at 09:08, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Sorry , 

just intruiged . 

So if you had a fast well bred coursing bitch proven and in season , what would you say the benefits are to put buck over her rather than say another proven coursing dog or a decent all round day night dog from a more conventional breeding ? 

Buck his a decent jukel he can fill a freezer we'll take teeth etc ,the idea. O. Blending breeds together makes our jukels versatile in more disciplines Buck back to a coursing bred will add qualities strength lots more strength than say a collie xs could ever hope to achieve , conventional or let's say that's traditional type .the alsation in Buck will help to retain the stamina etc,a straight coursing type will in all probability give you coursers some do go on to other disciplines .hopefully with the shepherd blood one gets a very responsive type around the handler not seen to often in coursing types. If one desires a jukel that can be trained to work through hand signals swim cross waterways oncomand etc one needs that biddable nature ,not saying a coursing type Cana be got to a high standard like curs shepherds et ,but I don't see any today .bucks sheer power some will be left in the welps bulk on a animal in the winter worked and ran hard helps tremendous they don't need time on the bench recovering the base animals bred out will inevitably leave qualities needed for the conventional  working lurcher folk .the  early breeds coursing hounds had strong lines of cur breeds in em .atb bill

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Buck his a decent jukel he can fill a freezer we'll take teeth etc ,the idea. O. Blending breeds together makes our jukels versatile in more disciplines Buck back to a coursing bred will add qualities strength lots more strength than say a collie xs could ever hope to achieve , conventional or let's say that's traditional type .the alsation in Buck will help to retain the stamina etc,a straight coursing type will in all probability give you coursers some do go on to other disciplines .hopefully with the shepherd blood one gets a very responsive type around the handler not seen to often in coursing types. If one desires a jukel that can be trained to work through hand signals swim cross waterways oncomand etc one needs that biddable nature ,not saying a coursing type Cana be got to a high standard like curs shepherds et ,but I don't see any today .bucks sheer power some will be left in the welps bulk on a animal in the winter worked and ran hard helps tremendous they don't need time on the bench recovering the base animals bred out will inevitably leave qualities needed for the conventional  working lurcher folk .the  early breeds coursing hounds had strong lines of cur breeds in em .atb bill

Bloody he'll bill you bin eating your beans 

That was crystal clear me old mucker 

On 30 July 2018 at 10:05, Black neck said:

Bloody he'll bill you bin eating your beans 

That was crystal clear me old mucker 

Beans last night chips six eggs for round bread ,the sleep helps getting back always Wednesday  kipping out in the open refreshes the soul body and mind .rest his much needed has the fuel beans and eggs protein ,porridge  and honey this morning ,atb Bill ps may have beans again latter with ribs tortilla wraps and summer leaves etc.lol atb bill

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Beans last night chips six eggs for round bread ,the sleep helps getting back always Wednesday  kipping out in the open refreshes the soul body and mind .rest his much needed has the fuel beans and eggs protein ,porridge  and honey this morning ,atb Bill ps may have beans again latter with ribs tortilla wraps and summer leaves etc.lol atb bill

That's the spirit

3 hours ago, billhardy said:

Nice

just to say thought that I find some ofvthst a bit pedantic 

power ? 

I take it you’ve never seen a dog like buddy the nutall bred coursing dog ? Probably the powerful lurcher I’ve ever seen 

how about whatvthe hate blood would add to buck? 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nice

power ? 

I take it you’ve never seen a dog like buddy the nutall bred coursing dog ? Probably the powerful lurcher I’ve ever seen 

Good point stiff I'm sure the pups would be decent bits a kit tho do you 

We shunt really be rattling on about rays dog i

On 30 July 2018 at 13:28, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nice

power ? 

Of course I seen buddy and most a that line seen foxy run several times seen lots bred from seagull  had them bred down from buddy  sheer power and strength his different than a powerful runner  I have had the price ledge of seeing and owning a fewcoursing types very strong runners but that don't compare with brute strength like alsation and pits  I owned a few Wednesday's and Sunday's we ran long before buddy was thought off buddy got his   Physicall                       strength and physics from other breeds nay saluki ,running five six minutes ain't like dropping something hundred pound in weight fella on more than one occasion a night.  And yes complimenting both sides a the breeding his generally speaking a good thing when breeding coursing breeds or any other type of blood stock saluki types click with alsation Lurchers far some reason   The idea off a jukes fa the knock about Lurcher of modern times his stamina and durability the lads want the bottomless jukels ta run the islands on lamping trips this the saluki and alsation have in abundance it's not just about what Buck would give a coursing bred it's about producing a jukel fa the. Roust about lamper. Moucher and the two xes click Nick call it what ya like they do .hope this explains itself better .atb bill

Good points bill 

although having never experienced the sight or witnesses  the power of a 1st x gsd like buck i can’t imagine what the cross would add to improve a good strong coursing line 

surely it would take away a lot more than it would add? 

I don’t really have much knowledge of alsations etc but stamina , power, wouldn’t be something I’d associate with 99% of the ones you see day to day 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Good points bill 

although having never experienced the sight or witnesses  the power of a 1st x gsd like buck i can’t imagine what the cross would add to improve a good strong coursing line 

surely it would take away a lot more than it would add? 

I don’t really have much knowledge of alsations etc but stamina , power, wouldn’t be something I’d associate with 99% of the ones you see day to day 

fair point  above , with what lines are out there  and all proven dogs , doing  what there bred for day stuff , if it not broken  dont fix it  comes to mind . Buck and his x  were really bred for lamping dogs  and bit of mooching around woods   / cover etc in  the day , they deff have good  wind  and agile for big dogs , and not slow either , most people who ever seen him run  were surprised  , they deff not every body cup of tea  lol  .  there plenty of good lurchers out   ive always  said  lurcher x lurcher  from proven parents  is where to look for a pup .  i am ok  right now , he  just gone 6 year old  top of his game right now, he be my last big dog   iam   66  this week  time dont stand still for no body  lol . if i get another dog it be when old Bryn gone 2 dogs more than enough at my age, if got a dog pro be  somthing like beddy x grey , but i do agree  though   drop of Buck blood to a nice 25in  lamping type lurcher x lurcher  bitch , be not a bad thing   , like collie x grey  but more power  and grit, and being honest that all i ever wanted   and he does that .!!

• Like 1

this his wher lots fall short knowledge there once again plenty alsation European working types now in the uk,healthy hip eye elbowed  scored,when xed with a greyhound they become even stronger ,but that could be said of most lurcher xes,ones missing the point ones not trying to improve coursing dogs that's been done and even evolution of them has slowed since the ban,. How did the first saluki xs lurchers compliment each other ask ones self this ,we all know that's history we g ot over time phenomenal coursing hounds yes coursing dogs they are a type of many different lines , the collie his invariably similar to a softer temp version off alsation some would argue this. But on the whole they are.the dogs killing big numbers concise not all but most have a drop of sal blood in em fact ,cpursing dogs are that some are used ta lamping and get by catch other game the same could be said of a cur bred jukel coney dog but catch other game  lots decry saluki blood some won't touch ought else I like a blend a drop of saluki ain't a bad thing a the same could be said of the alsation.,it's horses fa courses a saluki  coursing type dog will allways be a good bet if ones trying ta lighten a type up and produce even better animals in the Lurcher mans lurcher ,not just day walking courser type done that no what's needed had em my bitch Sally went ta gaskins long time ago breeding mix of cur hound saluki hound ,four from four field fen single fast aggressive but could drop down a gear ta the long haul wish I had her now Buck would be serving her up.lol. Atb bill

• Like 1