MY WEIRAUCH,S FOR NOW

8 minutes ago, philpot said:

He has a love affair with that rifle Jimmy.

I was thinking about your situation and talking it over with Trish the other night (she sends her best wishes) and saying that as the s/h .177 barrel that I posted on here was bought by one of our members sooooo, if you buy a .177 and at a later date upgrade to fac, that barrel will sell easily allowing you to chuck a wonga towards a .22 or .25 barrel set. This is the pure genius of the FX mindset in particular the Impact and now the Crown which I am sure as time goes by, we will get a much better insight from Mitch as to how good these new guns are.

I am waffling on here matey...........................

Phil

Your right phil dose not matter what cal i get i can change it latter on

i like 177 now and after last nights shooting im going to stick with 177 lol

If and when i do get fac it will be the .25 ill be going for

or is it a bad thing having a fx impact 177 sitting at 18fb

it will be just as good i think .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

tell Trish i send my best back to her mate

your one lucky man she is a star

An 18fpe fac in .177 will do plenty of damage but the real hunting capability of the Impact at fac level is in .25 without any question. I did consider the .177 barrel for mine but, with the power turned down, I have no issues using the gun at very close range and to be very honest, I reaaly cannot see me buying any other barrel set as the .25 does everything I want.

I have only bought the HW110k because I have two perms where a sub 12 will be better suited BUT if I didn't have one, I would just the Impact anyway.

I think I am going to have a chat with Si regarding a mod as the Impact mod that was put on mine by ASI could do with being a bit quieter in certain situations.

I will pass on your best wishes to Trish mate.

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

An 18fpe fac in .177 will do plenty of damage but the real hunting capability of the Impact at fac level is in .25 without any question. I did consider the .177 barrel for mine but, with the power turned down, I have no issues using the gun at very close range and to be very honest, I reaaly cannot see me buying any other barrel set as the .25 does everything I want.

I have only bought the HW110k because I have two perms where a sub 12 will be better suited BUT if I didn't have one, I would just the Impact anyway.

I think I am going to have a chat with Si regarding a mod as the Impact mod that was put on mine by ASI could do with being a bit quieter in certain situations.

Phil

How are you finding the hw110k Phil, have you had time to set it up and have a play yet?

2 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

This is why I went with FAC.22 FX crown so I can turn the power down to 10.6 from 35 ft/lbs (936 fps) 

I run the falcons accuracy plus 13.4 gr at 14.5 ft/lbs (700fps) and takes me no more than 10 seconds to change settings on gun and scope 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, villaman said:

This is why I went with FAC.22 FX crown so I can turn the power down to 10.6 from 35 ft/lbs (936 fps) 

I run the falcons accuracy plus 13.4 gr at 14.5 ft/lbs (700fps) and takes me no more than 10 seconds to change settings on gun and scope 

Now the colder weather is on it's way there will be some indoor range time although not the 100yd you have but nevertheless our little 25mt will have to do. I want to spend some time setting up 50mt zero at full power when the winds have died down and a secondary zero at 25mt with the power at min, which is 25fpe on my Impact. I have concerns regarding how clear the clicks are on my Airmax scope changing from one to another although I will reset zero on the turret scale, with poor close up eye sight it is not too easy. I might just sell the Airmax and go for MTC again or perhaps one of those Discovery scopes you are pleased with Mitch. Are the click stops easy to hear and feel on those scopes Mitch.

I will have a look up here to see if anyone sells them.

Phil

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

How are you finding the hw110k Phil, have you had time to set it up and have a play yet?

Early days as I only collected it on Wednesday and been busy altering my wife's clay shooting guns with the stocks needing tweeking. 

I will do a review once I have had some time to play but so far only popped on the Mamba Lite scope and zeroed it with JSB Exact RS pellets which seem pretty good, now need to lead the barrel and do some serious ratting/feral shooting.

I will post how it performs after my shooting holiday in November as we will be shooting clays and will deffo be leading the barrel on the HW110k as well. My wife, Trish, is going to be learning the ropes with the gun using one of the Nitesite units so she can come and have some fun around the farm and again we will be using the holiday in Suffolk for her to get used to using it.

My first impression however is a super well balanced lightweight little rifle and now getting used to the mag loading so it looks a winner.............................so far!!!

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Early days as I only collected it on Wednesday and been busy altering my wife's clay shooting guns with the stocks needing tweeking. 

I will do a review once I have had some time to play but so far only popped on the Mamba Lite scope and zeroed it with JSB Exact RS pellets which seem pretty good, now need to lead the barrel and do some serious ratting/feral shooting.

I will post how it performs after my shooting holiday in November as we will be shooting clays and will deffo be leading the barrel on the HW110k as well. My wife, Trish, is going to be learning the ropes with the gun using one of the Nitesite units so she can come and have some fun around the farm and again we will be using the holiday in Suffolk for her to get used to using it.

My first impression however is a super well balanced lightweight little rifle and now getting used to the mag loading so it looks a winner.............................so far!!!

Phil

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it Phil?

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Now the colder weather is on it's way there will be some indoor range time although not the 100yd you have but nevertheless our little 25mt will have to do. I want to spend some time setting up 50mt zero at full power when the winds have died down and a secondary zero at 25mt with the power at min, which is 25fpe on my Impact. I have concerns regarding how clear the clicks are on my Airmax scope changing from one to another although I will reset zero on the turret scale, with poor close up eye sight it is not too easy. I might just sell the Airmax and go for MTC again or perhaps one of those Discovery scopes you are pleased with Mitch. Are the click stops easy to hear and feel on those scopes Mitch.

I will have a look up here to see if anyone sells them.

Phil

Phil these scopes are very good and my mates Discovery FFP is spot on ,thinking about getting one my self 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Phil these scopes are very good and my mates Discovery FFP is spot on ,thinking about getting one my self 

been looking at ffp scopes for a few weeks now just sussing out whats what, was hovering over the buy now button on this when you posted your mates bought 

the discovery one now I dont have clue which fcuker to get:wallbash: 

2079159920_ScreenShot2018-10-26at18_14_43.png.07b2b860b5d80eb8c3436a84a7197962.png

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

been looking at ffp scopes for a few weeks now just sussing out whats what, was hovering over the buy now button on this when you posted your mates bought 

the discovery one now I dont have clue which fcuker to get:wallbash: 

2079159920_ScreenShot2018-10-26at18_14_43.png.07b2b860b5d80eb8c3436a84a7197962.png

He went for this one SI https://discoveryoptics.co.uk/vt-3-compact/

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, villaman said:

How often do you  use the ir? 

Quite a bit in the woods and last light, I can get away without if it’s not got a super fine rec... like the idea of the smaller one for the impact!! 

To much bloody choice 

• Haha 1