Introducing Heidi

17 hours ago, Vicky Steadman said:

Not introduced this bitch the the group yet.

2 years ago, a few days after my 7 month old collie/grey was killed by a car, I was being offered many pups by kind people but nothing seemed to click. I spoke to Dan Poxon who had a couple left from his litter which I'd watched grow, including his original pick. So off I went, a 3 hour drive to have a look. It was a medium sized bitch puppy with a striking white blaze, she'd been my eye catcher when seeing photos of the litter. She had a good disposition and was playful with her litter mates and it just seemed right, so it was meant to be. Heidi suited as a name and off we went. 

2 years on and I count my lucky stars daily for having such a cracking bitch in my kennel. She has been hard work but she has it all. Her only faults are my fault! She's no world beater but she is better than I could have wanted or expected, she doesn't quite have the nose and attention span for ferreting but she does a good enough job and we get called out to jobs year round. Cracking lamping bitch, perhaps a bit too fast and keen but the more she runs the better she goes. She was a regular all last season on the pheasant shoot; beating and picking up. Very obedient and loyal, won obedience competitions and Reserve Superdog at Chatsworth 2017 and now a 2x lure coursing stake champion, Lurcher Champion at Thame 2018, and won and placed in many other events in the past 12 months. We drove all the way to Scotland and back for a nights lamping last season; 1,500 mile trip. Nothing is too big a question for her. Just loves her work ?

DSC01209.JPG

champ.jpg

DSC01664.JPG

28449917_10215153771460549_1003011916_n.jpg

DSC01222.JPG

Cracking dog, it's good to hear some one say "only faults my dog as are mine," good to see a worker doing well at shows. Atvb .

• Like 1
14 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Great honest post and classie bitch is heidi

+2 ,  alot of lurcher x lurcher   make  very good dogs day/night ,  keep the posts  coming  with her progress .  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jerry71 said:

Cracking dog, it's good to hear some one say "only faults my dog as are mine," good to see a worker doing well at shows. Atvb .

It's true, she has everything you need in an alrounder but I probably wasn't experienced enough to get everything right with her, lots of things I've got wrong on the way and not been ablr to offer her tonnes of work etc. With someone more knowledgeable and loads more to go at she'd be something special. She is certainaly a better pre-ban bitch than a post-ban though ?