Failed vasectomy?

Hi

Just abit of advice really. In september my vasectomised hobb snoop passed. Having 2 older workers at 6 (no longer worked) i didnt want to put them through an op. So we adopted a vasectomised male ferret. Waited  extra over the time for it to put him in, we had papers to say he had been done.

My ferret today looks quite rounded and her nipples are swelling she just wolfed the eggs and cat milk ive put in. She has had phantom pregnancies before but not to this extent? More mothering her sister around the cage. Could it be another phantom or has his vasectomy failed? There doesnt appear to be signs on my other jill

As above after you have waited the required time only try the hob on one Jill as sometimes the operation don't work , my mate got his done and lent him out to everybody the operation was a failure there where a lot of kits that year lol

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My jills are mothering each other. Their even mothering the vasectomised hob to the point he can barely get out the nest box,  the operation on my hob worked as some of my jills are coming back into season. One jill is quite noticeably swelled up. This year was the first time I had a vasectomised hob to bring them out season. Got it done as I cant be annoyed with the hassle of trying to get decent homes for kits.

Luckily my vas hob done the business too, but they drive me up the wall dragging each other back to the nest box. One of my ferrets is a small bugger, and she doesnt get left alone. Constantly getting dragged by any passing ferret, so I feed her first, so she can still get a belly full.