Had some signs of rats knocking around the quail pen so decided to set the cage trap and fenn. I find the most successful bait for me is chopped apple but as I had none to hand carrots it was. Had them before around the same time of year and only caught 1 or 2 and then No more sign of them until the following March so fingers crossed I get the bliters.

Wish me luck

20180331_183135.jpg

20180331_183150.jpg

Rats are 'all over' at the moment,...the constant rain can cause the water level in the Sewer system to rise dramatically, often driving the rodents up into the daylight.

Caught two litters of rats from neighbor's houses, either side of us and the dogs have also accounted for a few others...

I favor the Modified Victor Rat Trap, ...I've also taken plenty, in the plastic Kness traps, but I am not 100% confident, in their killing capabilities...:hmm:

As an aside, when setting a Fenn trap for rats,..it is often better to bury the trap in the loose, dry soil, .(bedding it well in),..just leaving the pan visible...:yes:

Best of luck with your trapping...:thumbs:

_PHL7113.thumb.JPG.b432860e34cd54d36c8f8126f74d79b1.JPG

• Like 1

The Mrs has this one set up against the back wall from around October till now. She's caught four rats in that time. Not many rats in that space of time, you might say.  Thing is, we never had a rat problem. She set it just in case any wandered in. Also, no bait used apart from the first week or so. 

Notice the baffles inside the tunnel. Really helps guide the rats over the trap pan. 

20171219_102237.jpg

20180401_120427.jpg