Man Trap and Trip Gun!

3 hours ago, dog45 said:

Defenilty a deadly thing form the past. I glad there not around now days lol. Hope you don't mind me asking but what cross that dog in your profile photo. 

Aye, when life was cheap but booze was cheaper! His sire is 1/4 beddy, 3/4 whippet. Dam is a right mix apparently, racy whippet/grey looking dog with deerhound and saluki! She's from a  lurcher breeder down here called Nigel, anyone heard of him? Early days but he's showing himself to be a great dog so far.

1 hour ago, Attaboy said:

Aye, when life was cheap but booze was cheaper! His sire is 1/4 beddy, 3/4 whippet. Dam is a right mix apparently, racy whippet/grey looking dog with deerhound and saluki! She's from a  lurcher breeder down here called Nigel, anyone heard of him? Early days but he's showing himself to be a great dog so far.

Nigel breeds a nice beddy crosses 

26 minutes ago, dog45 said:

Nigel breeds a nice beddy crosses 

Cheers, do you know any more about him or website or contact? I'd like to find more information on how his dam was bred cos I'm nerdy like that! Cheers

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Asking permission off famers around here,you might as well asked for a lend of their wife.If you get caught poaching you deff be charged.

it sound as bad, as over here then  by that .  and suppose with big open spaces  like you got in Oz  ,  they soon see if they out looking after his stock etc , but you never know mate you got  to keep trying one day you might drop lucky.

The area I used to live in(more towards the coast)you can get on properties no worries.I go back there to hunt now.The properties further west have had bad experiences from pig hunters,leaving dogs,cutting fences etc,so you can't blame the farmers.Not many rabbits out this way anyway,but heaps of foxes so I'll keep trying.

7 hours ago, bird said:

it sound as bad, as over here then  by that .  and suppose with big open spaces  like you got in Oz  ,  they soon see if they out looking after his stock etc , but you never know mate you got  to keep trying one day you might drop lucky.

22 hours ago, Jerry71 said:

When we was kids we would be out from early morning tramping the woods, I remember a group of us leaving the site and walking the woods near Belvoir castle, we had been looking for" kaney yoras"phesant eggs along the Heage rows to take home, once we had anufe we walked the woods mucking about as all kids do, we came across a keeper's shed that had a few nasty looking traps, we told our mams, dad's when we got home and forgot about them, we moved few days later and traps were in the scrap on the dray. Atb 

we found some gintraps in a rabbit sett when we were kids we chucked them in the river.