TX 200 HC mk3 .177 v Pro Sport .177.

Well lads, here`s the first of a few match offs I plan between my two rifles.

Check the groups out against the drawing pin head and 5p`s - both rifles would have taken a rabbit with ease, at 38 yds.

The TX has had a tune from Rat Works but as far as I`m concerned, at the moment, the Pro Sport can stay exactly as she is, credit to the Pro Sport.

I also placed a JSB Exact Express pellet on the scope turret of both rifles and fired them off, both rifles kept the pellet on top of their scopes easily.

My opinion of both of these rifles, after a month of use, is that a hairs width is all that may part them for some.

Both rifles are just superb lads :good:

Here`s the first two groups of 6 shots, with the Pro Sport off Primos sticks, - no benches or bench rests were used.

IMG_0974.JPG.594eff65391ce45d4ef5c60c94cd6a56.JPG

Then using the same card, the bottom two dots were shot with the TX.

IMG_0975.JPG.43fc42c858b8195c2f488304b6e82056.JPG

For a hunting spring rifle, both rifles have strung 24 shots, perfectly behind a rabbits eye ( brain shot) at 38 yds.

I`m convinced tighter groups can be shot by both rifles with more practice.

My own conclusion is there`s nothing between them in any department other than personal preference.

atb  Mark.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That TX is almost embarrassed to be compared to that PS. TX, in the case of yours Mac... wins hands down.  Colour pallete is so gangster.   

It's ok, I'm with you brother - TXs rule   Here's a picture of the under lever from the PS that I owned for a while ........

I'll do that. Iv'e just done the TX and if the 97's spring is anything like that, it'll shoot much better.

Posted Images

If they're so similar in performance, then it comes down to cost and personal preference (looks, ergonomics, shot cycle etc). Assuming you can only get one, is the PS worth the extra money?

I've just bought a TX and I could't believe how well it shot straight out the box. All my other rifles have needed 2 or 3 frustrating hours working out how get any reasonable results but the TX zeroed in 6 shots and I was hitting golf balls at 50m (7 of 10 shots) within half an hour. The rifle makes me look far better than I am.

Also the PS doesn't come leftie.

• Like 1
On 3/24/2018 at 20:01, mark williams said:

Well lads, here`s the first of a few match offs I plan between my two rifles.

Check the groups out against the drawing pin head and 5p`s - both rifles would have taken a rabbit with ease, at 38 yds.

The TX has had a tune from Rat Works but as far as I`m concerned, at the moment, the Pro Sport can stay exactly as she is, credit to the Pro Sport.

I also placed a JSB Exact Express pellet on the scope turret of both rifles and fired them off, both rifles kept the pellet on top of their scopes easily.

My opinion of both of these rifles, after a month of use, is that a hairs width is all that may part them for some.

Both rifles are just superb lads :good:

Here`s the first two groups of 6 shots, with the Pro Sport off Primos sticks, - no benches or bench rests were used.

IMG_0974.JPG.594eff65391ce45d4ef5c60c94cd6a56.JPG

Then using the same card, the bottom two dots were shot with the TX.

IMG_0975.JPG.43fc42c858b8195c2f488304b6e82056.JPG

For a hunting spring rifle, both rifles have strung 24 shots, perfectly behind a rabbits eye ( brain shot) at 38 yds.

I`m convinced tighter groups can be shot by both rifles with more practice.

My own conclusion is there`s nothing between them in any department other than personal preference.

atb  Mark.

ON SECOND THOUGHTS MARK

DONT DO THE 24 DOT CHALLENGE MATE

YOU CANT EVEN HIT THE PIN HEAD ONES :whistling:

ONLY SAYING LIKE

AS I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU

TWAT

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

1 hour ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

If they're so similar in performance, then it comes down to cost and personal preference (looks, ergonomics, shot cycle etc). Assuming you can only get one, is the PS worth the extra money?

I've just bought a TX and I could't believe how well it shot straight out the box. All my other rifles have needed 2 or 3 frustrating hours working out how get any reasonable results but the TX zeroed in 6 shots and I was hitting golf balls at 50m (7 of 10 shots) within half an hour. The rifle makes me look far better than I am.

Also the PS doesn't come leftie.

So, what you're saying is, the TX is the better rifle?

:whistling:

No, what I'm saying is, based on the pics above, there's not a lot between them so why is there such a price difference. I can't comment on the PS as I have never shot it. The TX is an expensive rifle so for me it would meed to be stunning. Plus of course there's the left handed issue.

6 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

No, what I'm saying is, based on the pics above, there's not a lot between them so why is there such a price difference. I can't comment on the PS as I have never shot it. The TX is an expensive rifle so for me it would meed to be stunning. Plus of course there's the left handed issue.

It's ok, I'm with you brother - TXs rule :yes:

Here's a picture of the under lever from the PS that I owned for a while ........

31lOqaMYoPL._SX355_.jpg

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

ARE THESE STUNNING ENOUGH

EVEN THE TX I HAVE

GEDC1165.JPG

GEDC1162.JPG

GEDC1210.JPG

GEDC1167.JPG

GEDC1205.JPG

GEDC1212.JPG

post-63400-0-78678700-1495476810.jpg

post-63400-0-82763700-1495476669.jpg

post-63400-0-86022700-1495476679.jpg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rez said:

That TX is almost embarrassed to be compared to that PS. TX, in the case of yours Mac... wins hands down. 

Iv got to strip the stock back on it rez

i put a deep scratch on it the other day at the range

mind the rifle on the day was the hw97 rezmond

but if im honest i liked shooting the tx for a change but this new 97 put all of them to bed

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::hmm:

P170113_14.29.jpg

P170113_14.29_[01].jpg

P030113_17.18.jpg

P010113_11.26_[01].jpg

Ok, Jonny, to be fair mate, in my experience, .177 TX Vs .177 Ps, the Ps is bloody nice to shoot.But, the TX fits me better :yes:

Also, it's probably THE easiest rifle to work on - you really can fettle it to suit you.

You won't go wrong with either mate :good:

• Like 1