I am new to the forum,having had a female redtail for 11 years,sadly she passed away last year.I am currently awaiting a new bird this year having a deposit for a bird already down.

I am however undecided as to species,what is determing my choice will be based on land quarry etc.currently my permissions do not carry a lot of available quarry.What are peoples thoughts on a sparrowhawk as I was leaning towards an accipiter,this would allow greater success with small birds being more plentiful,however I am aware it iswidely documented that they are notoriously difficult but an inprint would lesson issues a little.

So get another red,friends in the club say try another bird and have recommended a gos.

Hello and welcome mate , i think your wise looking at your quarry for what type of bird your getting as there was a article saying it may take the rabbit 20 years to come back if at all 

Welcome mate, like you I will be getting a bird this year. My permission still as pheasant, hare, duck, and small pockets of coney so my bird of choice is a Harris I did think about a Goss but this will be my first bird and a mate as a hh and I'm learning as much as I can before getting my chic. Building mews etc at moment just getting bases down. I like the look of redtails are they like a hh in the way they hunt. Atvb j