Out again last night

Out again last night with a mate on one of his permissions. Got on the back of the truck, had the vixen call going, 10 minutes in saw a fox but want interested in the call so not to educate it let it go on it’s way, another 20 mins passed and a fox came trotting up towards us stopped at 208 yards, my mate dropped it on the spot. Kept the caller going for a further 10 mins but nothing else came so moved onto another spot only 10 mins away, got the caller on vixen again, this time it was my turn to shoot his turn to spot, literally within 2 minutes a fox was running towards us but the wrong side of the hedge, we turned the caller off and as we hoped it would it came under the hedge our side and I dropped it at 182 yards. To good sized dogs delt with

Was a great night and I was home and in bed for 10:45 ?

54B28848-24E3-4A15-8F45-5D2AE29BC6A3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The one said:

Nice going mate , i must be getting old i love nights your in  at that time now , starting to hate night shifts shooting rabbits :laugh:

Cheers, I was out with the thermal showing it to the chap who owns the shoot I keeper for the other night and on a five acre field we counted 70 rabbits! So that will defo be a long night getting to grips with them, my .22 will have a warm barrel! 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...