leaking hw 100

When i went to charge my gun up,the dust plug snapped.I tappedit out and got a new plug but it is now leaking quite badly from the plughole,both with the plug in or not.Is this something i could tackle myself? I did read further down this forum that it can be caused bt a bit of debris jamming the valve,anyone got any thoughts?

Shamus, I found I had a few problems with my RWS that sound similar to what you have here. I spoke with Rabid here on the forums and he was a great help (might be worth PMing him as he has a HW100 and could probably offer more specific advice).  A few things he suggested to me, as villaman said, give the fill port a blow out with some air from your bottle, make sure there are no debris stuck in there. The other thing he suggested is to give it a good hard burst from the bottle. Is the gun completely empty? I.e. no pressure at all in the cylinder? If so it could just need a quick hard burst of air to reseat the seals and reestablish the airtight seal. I had to dismantle my fillport assembly to fix mine in the end (small brass shaving no thicker than a hair stuck in the inlet valve) but try them first as they could fix it. 

• Like 1

Hi

if the leak still persist after a blast of about 150bar,then it’s probably the O ring in the gauge that is hard and not sitting correctly on the valve,hence letting air out,if you can fill for a short period,dunk the gauge end of the cylinder in a glass of water,this will confirm what I am on about.

its an easy fix,please make sure all air is out of the cylinder.

you have to buy a 36mm hex bit to undo the gauge head,once undone undo the silver slotted bolt to release the valve,you will see a O ring around a brass collar,take the O ring of and lube before replacing with a new one.

small parts try not to lose them on dissembling.

• Like 2