working terries

Guest tawny

don i would think thats a fair price to sell a pup for these days,and with the jab ,you cant go wrong.

why i asked is the pups you see fore sale in the country mans weekly for double that price. are they worth it ???.

i think the none working lines are double that of the workers at the mo,and why should that be ?

i for one dont know.sometimes the higher price may mean a better dog to the novice,but i will continue to get my dogs,

who look like theve been shit from the devils own arse,and cost me well under £80 and get a real working ped

thrown in for three .

god if we were all the same we'd all have good terriers i think, so why the massive price tags any replys would be nice ;)

mate what u will find is people are buying pups for the 300 hundred pound mark of guys that have mybe put 10 2 15 years mybe more sometimes into there line then u get the novice that has thedog for a few years has one good season and its put to his young bitch that mybe has seen a few and cos he paid that amount he charges that amount getting a joke really

so does 10 to 15 years of line make a pup worth £300 then ?

the pup ive got now came from a 123 year line and cost me £70 so how do you work that one out

the rare litter of pups that i have bred the pups have gone for a sack of puupy food to feed the ones i keep back the terrier game isnt about money its about the working terrier theres a lot more breeds out there to breed that are more expensive if your in it for the money but me breed a litter from the best to the best and dont be hasty in your choice then you have a good chance of the pups turning out but buying a pup of 12 weeks or younger out of the paper that you dont know nothing about that £200 soon turns into £500 by the time it 18 months plus all the time and effet you put into it and youve got no choice but to pts cause it didnt turn out its heart breacking back to square one again its not easy to get a well bred pup
then what happens they breed from the shite for a return on thr outlay . . show stuff is fetching stupid money i spoke to a mate in norfolk last week told me of lakie pups out of show winners going for £550 stud fee for this well known dog is a oner and pick of litter and they got a fecking waiting list :doh: dodgey sellers takin advantage of mug buyers in this got to have it now world :wallbash: is thr any future left in terrierwork is the digging game fecked ? a lot of my permission whr lost with the hunting ban to the shooting lads farmers used to knock on the door years ago for us to do terrierwork used to be out 3 times a week and could of been more :thumbs: in my opioion 5 years time the digging game be gone lost to the show ring and ratting terriers i`ve got some young dogs now that i`m ratting with is it worth swicthing thr lights on to any thing else ? Edited by flint

there are still some decent men breeding good pups for reasonable prices,£100 to £150 is loads to pay or recieve for a pup,i was even lucky enought last year to have bought a 100% digging dog for £170!!!! proper terrier bought from a genuine lad who doesnt favor a hard dog,what didnt suit him suited me just fine and he even threw in a pup out of the same dog too!! cant say fairer than that!

there are still some decent men breeding good pups for reasonable prices,£100 to £150 is loads to pay or recieve for a pup,i was even lucky enought last year to have bought a 100% digging dog for £170!!!! proper terrier bought from a genuine lad who doesnt favor a hard dog,what didnt suit him suited me just fine and he even threw in a pup out of the same dog too!! cant say fairer than that!

i could do with a break like that, goodman every repect to him im finding it difficult to find a well bred litter at the moment even. if anybody knows of any planned for mid summer next year im on the market for a couple if you could bear it in mind. i think the working terrier is going in the wrong direction well not the terrier the people that own them the prices are going up but the standard of work dropping somthing needs to be done a good size group of likeminded lads clubbing together to keep the workers working cause before we know it the k.c. will be controling the black uns also then where is there to go its a dying breed it needs to be sorted. sorry to waffle but my p1ss is starting to boil!

hopefully there will allways be small pockets of lads that keep them selves to them selves and keep worker to worker,now that there is money involved in working terrier shows , and thats a joke, they will breed for looks and looks only, just look at the way the border terrier has gone , never mind it dont work , it shows well and i can get 500 a pup, £150-175 a pup is a fair price,

hopefully there will allways be small pockets of lads that keep them selves to them selves and keep worker to worker,now that there is money involved in working terrier shows , and thats a joke, they will breed for looks and looks only, just look at the way the border terrier has gone , never mind it dont work , it shows well and i can get 500 a pup, £150-175 a pup is a fair price,
:clapper::clapper:

the hardest thing about breeding any pups is selling the surplus to genuine guys and not to wankers.id give pups to the right guys than sell them to idiots.but these days if you dont know a bloke and sell him a pup for little money he might advertise the pup for a few hundred quid.taking the piss out of you.you should only breed to replace old or lost stock. stay clear of the full time belly full of pups terrier men they just churn out shite for ££££

the hardest thing about breeding any pups is selling the surplus to genuine guys and not to wankers.id give pups to the right guys than sell them to idiots.but these days if you dont know a bloke and sell him a pup for little money he might advertise the pup for a few hundred quid.taking the piss out of you.you should only breed to replace old or lost stock. stay clear of the full time belly full of pups terrier men they just churn out shite for ££££
WELL SAID MATE TO MANY WHEELER DEALERS DOING IT IF YOU WONT GOOD STUFF YOU HAVE GOT TO PAY GOOD MONEY MY BITCH COST ME 350.00 BEST MONEY SPENT WAS WORKING WHEN I HAD HER ONE OF HER PUPS IS AT SENYBRIDGE HUNT DOING WELL TO :thumbs:
  • 2 weeks later...
right, out of interest,if you was to buy a new terrier pup,from working background,for say! fox

how mutch would you be prepared to pay out of top working lines for that pup ??

i dont expect to get a lot of replys with this one,but some insight would be good.

all the best.

tawny ;)

hiya tawny i recently brought a pat pup of a chap off this site for 250.i aint done any terrier work for a few years but couldent wait to get back in to it. the lads i used to go with have all packed it in now and because we kept owerselfs to owerselfs dident know many diggin lads.when this pup was advertised i went veiwed it and spoke to the chap he showed me the breeding which i was realy impressed me . the chap seemed very genuine i brought the pup and am over the moon with it.hopefully this pup should make the grade and it will be 250 well spent :thumbs:
you cant put a price on good working breed pups i mean well worked parents not them ratig w*nkers you know ! but you might be dealing with money makers your best off dealing with a fella thats breeding for himself and ffrends ya know as in fellas not advertising never go for working dogs advertised because if there worth buying then the person breeding them should have enoung hunting friends willing to buy them !

editied to say half langres writing this but makes sense!

you cant put a price on a good working terrier mate that i can go with.

but working pups ????? they aint working.

iff your honest youd be lucky to get one out of five,and when i say that i dont mean the one that might work,i mean

the one as good or better than the one you bred six years ago.

the one off pups that we all hope to have,parents were good so were the grand parents,and yet within al lines we've all had the one offs

and nothing can or could compare to them.

breed the best to the best, and hope ? but only the boarn workers ill make the grade.

£300 or £40 makes no difference you will never buy the pup that was born to work, no way ??ive spent to much money over a period of years, few people work dogs similar to myself no disrespect we all like different things ,people who have litters have a great knack of being great bullshiners,taking even ddo what we all ecent folk in .i never obtain a pup free or for hundreds of pounds until i dig with the dogs involved and their owner, few will get the opportunity to do this so do what we all do ,research and take a chance. money price dont make a worker.

don i would think thats a fair price to sell a pup for these days,and with the jab ,you cant go wrong.

why i asked is the pups you see fore sale in the country mans weekly for double that price. are they worth it ???.

i think the none working lines are double that of the workers at the mo,and why should that be ?

i for one dont know.sometimes the higher price may mean a better dog to the novice,but i will continue to get my dogs,

who look like theve been shit from the devils own arse,and cost me well under £80 and get a real working ped

thrown in for three .

god if we were all the same we'd all have good terriers i think, so why the massive price tags any replys would be nice ;)

mate what u will find is people are buying pups for the 300 hundred pound mark of guys that have mybe put 10 2 15 years mybe more sometimes into there line then u get the novice that has thedog for a few years has one good season and its put to his young bitch that mybe has seen a few and cos he paid that amount he charges that amount getting a joke really

so does 10 to 15 years of line make a pup worth £300 then ?

the pup ive got now came from a 123 year line and cost me £70 so how do you work that one out

mate the point i was making is when i said 10 to 15 years or more i ment thats the time they have spent with the line dont get me wrong the dogs they start with the line could and probaly is going a lot longer as for ur 123 year line has all the dogs out of that been started at 9 months also as for them charging 300 hundred quid i wouldnt have a problem paying that for a pup that has had perants grandperants and so on doing the job cheers stevie

Edited by stevie g 2005