Made it count

Another hectic weekend with the family and with an hours light to spare bundled my gear I into the truck. Arrived at the ground 20 mins later and realised I hadn’t refilled my bullet pouch since the last trip and only had 1 round left! What a muppet - less haste, more speed!

There wasn’t time to head back home so it was either make the one round count or sack it off. I chambered the solitary and was content to have a slow wander around the hedgerows without any expectations of using it unless something happened to fall into my lap.

In the second field there were two roe couched on the sunny side on a hedge 100 away. Granny’s footsteps and to 15 minuets later I was within 50m away and on the sticks. The buck was closest to me and looked really content in the sunshine, he’d have to get up first to clear my shot on the doe behind him. Eventually he started to fidget so I got ready and up he got and had a stretch, she followed suit and stood plumb broadside. Close enough for a neck shot but more than aware of my ammo shortcomings went for security and banged her in the chest. She hopped and made a short run with it pouring from both sides of her before collapsing. Plenty of daylight left for a nice leisurely suspended gralloch and home bang on time to help with the kids tea. Decent weight as well as 42lb on the hook.

BA5D2D1B-12A5-46C0-BF42-12982C9AB9C9.thumb.jpeg.320ce0a6aa22c463d7602e64fdc84fa3.jpeg

3539CA3C-B329-49D1-8330-E7886ED0D0E0.thumb.jpeg.4d1464b9b6421ca94ee9252e37f2abb6.jpeg

03016394-C167-4743-BE72-F146A01062E5.thumb.jpeg.bd8dcbf2edc07095257f87afa55c3b83.jpeg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Unlike you to forget anything bud lol.Must be a pair of sticks somewhere on most of my perms left behind by you .

Good shooting though mate .Bring that gameface next weekend .

On the subject of sticks Ive got those quads working now? needed a fair ratchet up though! I’ll stick  a few more rounds in the car as well mate?