Brexit Thread Redux

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Now boys, I have sold kit to Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria and a few other non EU places......I put it in a container and off it went, end of story including the “make it up as you go along” import tariffs from the customs blokes on the quayside !!!

Thata exactly how hard it is to do business !

now, as far as border controls go......why do we need them on the island  of ireland again?......last time I looked, everyone was Irish !

evweything else can get checked at POE ports in the UK

thanks very much, problem solved, that will be 200 million Euros please Donald Trusk.

i take cheque or bank transfer ! 

Because post Brexit there will be two different sets of standards which will evolve on either side of the border.

Tell the DUP everyone is Irish and let us know how you get on ;) They won't accept an Irish sea border as it differentiates them from the rest of the UK.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

I’m pretty sure Cameroon and downtown Lagos have vastly different rules than the EU......but the kit still went there no problem just like if I had sold it to a bloke round the corner.

A sea border with who ? ..........

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I’m pretty sure Cameroon and downtown Lagos have vastly different rules than the EU......but the kit still went there no problem just like if I had sold it to a bloke round the corner.

A sea border with who ? ..........

Pretty sure they do too, but we're not talking about them.

Not everyone on the island of Ireland identifies as Irish. There are two distinct legal jurisdictions. There will be differently evolving standards, laws, rules etc. 

The DUP object to any stance which differentiates the North Eastern portion of the province of Ulster from Britain, as they see that as a step closer to the unification of the island of Ireland. 

You do realise that Turkey isn’t an EU member but it don’t stop ireland shipping a few hundred thousand beef cattle there this year?......I mean, what the f**k are you all talking about?

Its bollocks lads ! 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

You do realise that Turkey isn’t an EU member but it don’t stop ireland shipping a few hundred thousand beef cattle there this year?......I mean, what the f**k are you all talking about?

Its bollocks lads ! 

Ahm, that's not comparing like with like. Port to port cargo shipment via the worlds oceans is different from a land border one can stroll or drive across.

1 minute ago, JohnGalway said:

Pretty sure they do too, but we're not talking about them.

Not everyone on the island of Ireland identifies as Irish. There are two distinct legal jurisdictions. There will be differently evolving standards, laws, rules etc. 

The DUP object to any stance which differentiates the North Eastern portion of the province of Ulster from Britain, as they see that as a step closer to the unification of the island of Ireland. 

Swerving off topic a bit here mate, but I think it’s totally out of order to say sections of the north don’t see themselves as Irish.....they are Irish and British because like it or not the island of Ireland is part of the British isles geographically speaking.....that’s just a fact.

They are every bit as Irish as anyone else.

Just their little section of the island is part of the UK.

anyway, as I said, that’s another conversation.

1 minute ago, BGD said:

The Unionists have already said there is no way they would accept an open Irish border with customs checks carried out on the UK mainland...

Then that’s a conversation Westminster needs to have with them........if we all just say, leave it as it is then that’s it.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Swerving off topic a bit here mate, but I think it’s totally out of order to say sections of the north don’t see themselves as Irish.....they are Irish and British because like it or not the island of Ireland is part of the British isles geographically speaking.....that’s just a fact.

They are every bit as Irish as anyone else.

Just their little section of the island is part of the UK.

anyway, as I said, that’s another conversation.

:rofl: Ara Wilf, ask them on the 12th when they're burning the Irish flEg on bonfires how Irish they're feeling. 

Just now, JohnGalway said:

:rofl: Ara Wilf, ask them on the 12th when they're burning the Irish flEg on bonfires how Irish they're feeling. 

Sounds like those “Little Englanders” have friends in the Republic too mate........you mean “you” don’t see them as Irish don’t you, tell the truth ! Lol 

10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Its bollocks lads ! 

Turkey is in a Customs Union with the EU....

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Then that’s a conversation Westminster needs to have with them........if we all just say, leave it as it is then that’s it.

As far as I understand it if we leave with no deal and are operating under WTO rules we won't be able to leave it as it is because it would violate the Most Favoured Nation principle. 

Just now, WILF said:

Sounds like those “Little Englanders” have friends in the Republic too mate........you mean “you” don’t see them as Irish don’t you, tell the truth ! Lol 

If they willingly identify as British why would I, that's their choice not anything I'm pinning on them.

BGD, I don’t know what that principal is mate.....I just know that all this is bollocks for petty point scoring from all sides by the look.

Real lads who want to do real business won’t be f***ing mongs about it......they will just get on and make things work.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

If they willingly identify as British why would I, that's their choice not anything I'm pinning on them.

There we have it, had you sussed about 6 posts back......it’s just an excuse to get your Boran out and march up and down waving your flag because Brussells threw you a bone at a two bob news conference.

Enjoy it......nobody will remember it in 18 months time ;) 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

There we have it, had you sussed about 6 posts back......it’s just an excuse to get your Boran out and march up and down waving your flag because Brussells threw you a bone at a two bob news conference.

Enjoy it......nobody will remember it in 18 months time ;) 

Confirmation bias I believe is what they call that.

As I said earlier on, there's no educating you on this.