Price of alcohol to go up!!

Ive just been reading that the government is seriously thinking of putting the price of alcohol up to combat binge drinking!! Is this government on the same planet as me or what?

Im paying nearly £2.50 a pint now! can it get any dearer, and if it does, how will that combat binge drinking if we can only afford to go out once a week! It doesnt make sense. What do these politicians think we will do if we cant afford to drink?? Seriously, what is joe public going to do when he cant afford a few pints, but an ectasy tablet is about £3?!? mmmmmmmmmm, i wonder. :hmm:

This government are really losing it with me. they ban handguns so the only people with them are the inner city hoodlums, they ban foxhunting so the fox lives happily ever after when in reality it will now be snared, shot or dug up by terriermen. Lest we forget them banning the T-bone steak "for our own good". Im thinking of taking up knitting, but if it gets popular , that will probably get banned as the needles will be too dangerous!!

Edited by trappa

Ive just been reading that the government is seriously thinking of putting the price of alcohol up to combat binge drinking!! Is this government on the same planet as me or what?

Im paying nearly £2.50 a pint now! can it get any dearer, and if it does, how will that combat binge drinking if we can only afford to go out once a week! It doesnt make sense. What do these politicians think we will do if we cant afford to drink?? Seriously, what is joe public going to do when he cant afford a few pints, but an ectasy tablet is about £3?!? mmmmmmmmmm, i wonder. :hmm:

This government are really losing it with me. they ban handguns so the only people with them are the inner city hoodlums, they ban foxhunting so the fox lives happily ever after when in reality it will now be snared, shot or dug up by terriermen. Lest we forget them banning the T-bone steak "for our own good". Im thinking of taking up knitting, but if it gets popular , that will probably get banned as the needles will be too dangerous!!

maybe you'll just have to drink less... or use the money for something worthwhile, instead of just pissing it up the wall....

maybe you'll just have to drink less... or use the money for something worthwhile, instead of just pissing it up the wall....

Or maybe i will roll over like you

I just dont understand people who feel they must go out and pissed or stoned... not my style :no: ...

I just dont understand people who feel they must go out and pissed or stoned... not my style :no: ...

It wasnt my "style" to go foxhunting but i wasnt happy about labour banning it.

Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. We arent all the same, but in a free country you should be able to do , within reason, what the f**k you like and not be persecuted for it.

='bullterrier' date='Dec 22 2007, 07:28 PM' post='373317']

Andy i am very drunk atm so cant comment :laugh::laugh:

what were you saying kay ..john :whistling:

Oh ok i did get a bit drunk but i had to drink the stuff as it would have been rude to refuse :laugh::laugh: