Mayor Of Venice.

Now that would be something if true... lol fuuck it, I'd run around shouting it for the laugh :laugh:

You can't go dropping people for words, however powerful the emotion evoked by them is. Even so, 4 paces is already too late, if they have a bomb it's already gone off!

Edited by mushroom

Venice mayor proposes shooting anyone who shouts 'Allahu Akbar' ...before it's screamed at him by mayor of Florence

• Dario Nadella met Luigi Brugnaro for talk that included discussion of terrorism
  • Mr Brugnaro said that anyone shouting 'Allahu Akbar' in Venice would be shot
  • After the meeting Mr Nardella shouted the phrase as Mr Brugnaro grabbed him
  • A video o

The mayor of Florence has apologised after yelling 'Allahu Akbar' as a joke at the end of a meeting with the mayor of Venice.

Dario Nardella said it was 'not my intention to cause offence' after the remark provoked anger online after it was caught on video then circulated on social media.

His Venetian counterpart, Luigi Brugnaro had said that anybody caught yelling 'Allahu Akbar' in the city would be shot, to which Mr Nardella repeated the phrase for laughs.

Mr Nardella had been at a meeting with Mr Brugnaro in the city of Rimini on Tuesday when the pair discussed the issue of terrorism.

'A year ago, I said (they'd be shot) after four steps, now I'm saying it would happen after three,' Mr Brugnaro said according to a translation by The Telegraph.

After the meeting was over, Mr Nardella was leaving when Mr Brugano ran up and grabbed him, at which point he shouted the phrase - which means God is greatest in Arabic and is often shouted by terrorists during attacks.

The two men then shared a laugh about the moment alongside aides who were walking along with them.

However, not everybody found the moment so amusing, prompting Mr Nadella to issue an apology.

Viewers criticsed the remark for being insensitive and offensive coming just six days after 15 people were killed in terror attacks in Spain.

Writing on Facebook, he said: 'I apologize for some remarks in an online video.

'It was not my intention to offend anyone, not least the Muslim community, nor to joke about its religion, nor to evoke the tragic events of recent days.

'In fact, during that video, I distance myself from the statement by my colleague Brugnaro about Muslim during his speech at the meeting in Rimini.

'Anyone who knows me and knows my administration knows how to speak with all religious communities, including the moderate Muslim one.'