new long dogs

I like all the saluki types, the Azawakhs are very striking and I would expect they might be good on the fens I would like to see one run there but for some reason they just don't seem to course with them or the sloughis in the western world. maybe it is because of the coursing ban across most of erope where most of these dogs are.

For my type of hunting they just are not suited I like mooching about thro woodland and rough ground so something a bit more robustis my choice. Interesting my Salukis are actually tougher skinned than our lurchers.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Something like these would be my ideal size and type.

Very smart looking dogs, are they all yours?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a saluki x afghan as you can see from the pic this dog oozes power and is built for speed i can assure the doubting thomas these dogs are far from dullafghancross.jpg

Nice bit of malnutrition there mate, hope the dogs not yours :no:

Its amazing how many nutrition experts come out from the wood work when photos of saluki types are posted up. The dog is'nt carrying any greyhound blood so you ain't going to see bulging great muscles. Why do people feel the need to be so critical of things they obviously know nothing about.

heres a saluki x afghan as you can see from the pic this dog oozes power and is built for speed i can assure the doubting thomas these dogs are far from dullafghancross.jpg

Nice looking dog! Think he is in pretty good shape.

Regards,

Yaj.

When you are running dogs on ground like this you just can't get away with heavily muscled dogs.

This is what I meant when I said Hounds bred for stamina have "long, flat" muscle and not bulky muscle like a Greyhound. Salukis, Sloughis etc.. are made very different to Greyhounds and their conformation is very different too. I absolutely agree a greyhound would be no use at all over terrain such as that.

Its amazing how many nutrition experts come out from the wood work when photos of saluki types are posted up. The dog is'nt carrying any greyhound blood so you ain't going to see bulging great muscles. Why do people feel the need to be so critical of things they obviously know nothing about.

well some of us do keep saluki types and have been out with a good many others merrihunter, and lets be honest here do any of your dogs look like that. the answer is NO.

THE OTHER THING IS ABOVE THE PHOTO , HE WROTE , " THIS DO OOZES POWER" DOES IT FECK