I like to switch off during the summer and I certainly let the dog get fat and laze around in the heat, she mopes around and certainly lets me know she is bored. Lurchers don't realise were doing them a favour in the warm weather, let the quarry multiply and recharge the batterys all round! Started on the bike last week...nothing too heavy, took the bitch for a look the other night - a half hour walk. She had two good runs was over exited and lunging all over the place, but thats to be expected after months off the beam. I do enjoy getting ready for the season it fills me full of hope of what the season will bring, Its a good time to peruade myself that walking around in fields in the pitch black, pissing down and howling with wind is the place I feel most at home... :laugh:

IMG_20170727_200012_zpsykck0ejg.jpg

IMG_20170727_195945_zpsvrnupqsi.jpg

been running mine on the bike waiting for the season to start in the spring and summer I just keep mine walked round the road or over the park like you say lets the quarry multiply and I think the dogs alway seen a lot more keener I've got young dogs to bring on fingers crossed nothing goes wrong ? Atb

• Like 1

Took my young one out on her own for the first time ,where there are a few rabbits , she was a nightmare ,I thought her recall was spot on ,she proved me wrong. :laugh:

The exitement of real hunting takes over them pal!!! Im sure after a few outing she will fall in line, there always flying around like mad at first.

• Like 1

Took my young one out on her own for the first time ,where there are a few rabbits , she was a nightmare ,I thought her recall was spot on ,she proved me wrong. :laugh:

we've all been there roybo.when i took mine out for her 1st night last season....i don't want to talk about it.bad memories

ha ha ha I've been there many times people can make it all sound so easy the end of the day it's an animal it can think for it's self and some times do what ever it wants I've had dogs that blank you one night then the night after you can't pull them out of your arse its just the way it is

ha ha ha I've been there many times people can make it all sound so easy the end of the day it's an animal it can think for it's self and some times do what ever it wants I've had dogs that blank you one night then the night after you can't pull them out of your arse its just the way it is

we've all been there roybo.when i took mine out for her 1st night last season....i don't want to talk about it.bad memories
It was a opportunity to get her out alone as she's always with her mother or 1/2 brother only a walk really ,but there's usually a few rabbits ,but probably the worst place to take her , as there was loads sitting about a couple of feet out from cover ...emotional ! So back on the lead as soon as possible and away to some fields where there was no scent