Mr Bax

Campaigners are calling for the head of a wildlife boss who ran a hare hunt for more than 30 years because he still allows hunting on his land.

More than 100,000 people have signed a petition calling on Michael Bax to step down from the Kent Wildlife Trust after it emerged he was chairman of the Blean Beagles from 1971 to 2005.

It has also been revealed that the animal protection chief allows pheasant shooting on his £800,000 farm.

Tom Fitton, who set up the petition and is a member of the wildlife trust, said that Mr Bax was not a fit and proper person to be running the organisation.

These people can't understand that it's possible to hunt AND be interested in conservation, their brain cells can't work it out. It's either one or the other with them but not both! I hunt and I'm also interested in conservation. I'm also tolerant. It isn't hard is it?

• Like 1

He sounds the best person to have in the job and he will have more of an understanding than the others. It is criminal really to hound some one like that. No pun intended. If he was black gay or god knows what they wouldn't dare say a thing but god forbid he likes working dogs. Disgusting

Edited by terryd

These people can't understand that it's possible to hunt AND be interested in conservation, their brain cells can't work it out. It's either one or the other with them but not both! I hunt and I'm also interested in conservation. I'm also tolerant. It isn't hard is it?

thats because every hunter,shooter and fisherman,are all conservationists,and do more for wildlife and the countryside,ate wf