Not Good.....

well picked up my ferret and was meet by the vet!!! (she had sent his tubes off for testing.)

(he had the snip last june) she then tells me that they didn't do the snip again as it was done correct last time.

and the test confirmed that. his tubes had regrown........ she said this does happen but not very often

they would redo the snip but i would have to pay or investigative surgery to see his tubes etc

again i would have to pay i told her i paid for a opp that didnt work so i was out of pocket £70 odd

her answer was this was what can happen

what do you think guys...

should i go elsewhere ??????????????????? :censored::censored::censored:

Your stuck between a rock and a hard place. They can say what they like and you have to accept it because you can't prove otherwise. It would annoy anyone because you paid to have a service, and it didn't work in the long term, so you feel like you have been robbed.

I personally would go somewhere else if there is a vet that is good with ferrets. I would rather put my money in someone else's pocket after getting a service like this, you would have thought if you were a long time customer, they would do the op again half price or free as a goodwill jesture.

To make you feel a little better, I got my two Jill's implanted yesterday and I was charged £192!

Well I've only used two vets for the ferrets, after getting reasonable quotes. Knotts yard in Watton and Caister vets, at Caister on sea. Both have been very good. I've only had jabs and the implants though. I know Caister vets will do the snip, but I don't know about Watton

• Like 1

I did look in to the alternatives. I've found Jill jabs seem to make them a little despressed, as it wears off, they perk up a lot. I did think of getting a vas hob, but I don't want the issues Samuria has just had, and also if the vas hob tries shagging them all half to death, I would have to separate him, which is more hassle when you have a court

Funny that the tubes can regrow and join perfectly , sounds like they muck up and took the wrong bit away or didnt take enough away

well i looked into it and yes it can and has happened to others... just my bucking luck.. will

ring a few vets to see what they say :censored::censored::censored:

I phone round first thing get a ferret friendly vet one that doesn't jump back when you open the box

then i ask you done a vasectomy before ?.

then when i drop him off i ask again hes in for a vasectomy ? and its written on the box

It really gets on my tits im paying top dollar for a vasectomy them they want me to pay for them to send the bits away to check they have done there job right

• Like 1

I had my job done recently and the vet said they'd send the tubes off for their own piece of mind . No mention of paying for it. Had a bill off them recently for the test . Pisses me off. If they'd have said it would have cost I wpuld have still had it done but the fact they said it was for their own piece of mind without mention of paying for it pissed me off. Apart from that they've been great with us for all other vet stuff with the dogs just this time I felt a bit shafted