Chinese Antique Song Cages

My love of song mules goes back to the early 70's and while I'm in Asia I will be buying a few of these cages to take home with me. Before I end up carrying these halfway around the world does anyone know if these cages are for sale in the UK?

post-105437-0-43316200-1494037895_thumb.jpg

post-105437-0-23635100-1494037917_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I have a pic somewhere mate,if I find it I will bang it up,i took it in hong lok street AKA bird street in hk,hundreds of those cages on a wall all containing singing birds,beautiful to see.

Seen a couple when the bird house used to be running top of club row theybelonged to the flash bird keepers usually goldie mules in a ply and bar gage wraped in a neckacheif forum commoners letting my age show the bird house bethnal green rd lol nice cages

You're right these are expensive and I may lug just one back to the UK if I can't buy one there.

By the way anyone remember the pub called Knave of Spades at Bethnal Green, I used to go there after visiting Brick Lane market to buy a few beers and a bird or two. The market and birds being sold will be long gone now as that was around 1979, great times meeting fellow mule breeders....

• 2 months later...

You're right these are expensive and I may lug just one back to the UK if I can't buy one there.

By the way anyone remember the pub called Knave of Spades at Bethnal Green, I used to go there after visiting Brick Lane market to buy a few beers and a bird or two. The market and birds being sold will be long gone now as that was around 1979, great times meeting fellow mule breeders....

That's the bird house used to get in there sunday mornings dammed with birds all round the sides about 1978/79 showing my age now fresh caught goldies $3.00 each or two for a fiver lads used to come in with 50/60 fresh caught birds every sunday long gone now

• Like 1

That's the bird house used to get in there sunday mornings dammed with birds all round the sides about 1978/79 showing my age now fresh caught goldies $3.00 each or two for a fiver lads used to come in with 50/60 fresh caught birds every sunday long gone now

I liked going there after a good mooch in the market, always left with a couple of Goldie's and some bird lime made for Holly, for a Southern Pub the ale wasn't too bad either.

I haven't a clue why the pics so small,i just took it off an external hard-drive :blink: I took the pic a few years ago in Honkers,thousands of these in bird street lining the walls,bird street is the place Michael palin was attacked by the cockatoo in one of his travel programs,it ripped his trouser leg.

post-1930-0-33276100-1499673889.jpg