Good Excuse For Some New, Moling, Tools !

Well,.you had to replace your gear,.but they sure don't look to be built for comfort.... :blink:

Do you mean, as far as 'travelling light' (as in, on foot) , is concerned, Phil ?,.....or are you talking about the 'ergonomics', of the tools , themselves ? :hmm:

Edited by earth-thrower

Ergonomics,...I think... :blink:

Well, since your still a little 'vague', here , on it :D ,.....that wee probe is light, & a smaller diameter bar & 'bullet', compared too some other commercially available, ones ?,......downside, could maybe have a 'thicker' handle (for comfort) ?,.....& can be prone too 'bending' , in stoney soil, now and again ?,........(but i prefer it , too the others) & the ' mole spade', good long shaft, as standard,& a fairly light, but strong, head/blade, for weight ?,...... I can well see the appeal, however, of travelling 'light' (particularly, on foot, like me ;) ) so sourcing a quality 'trowel' (easier said than done !),....maybe like the one "Trappa" has ? :yes: (or even one of those " hori hori ", knives, ive heard ?) could well, be a good idea,......

Edited by earth-thrower

Vague is often good,..especially on t'internet,...amongst strangers.... :yes:

Trapper's tools are a personal thing,...and as long as they suit your needs,..that is the main thing...

Personally,..I prefer something a tad more comfortable and,..solid.... :thumbs:

Vague is often good,..especially on t'internet,...amongst strangers.... :yes:

Trapper's tools are a personal thing,...and as long as they suit your needs,..that is the main thing...

Personally,..I prefer something a tad more comfortable and,..solid.... :thumbs:

"Vague is often good,....especially on t'internet,..amongst strangers....",....Well,..i dont take offence, easily, & a difference of opinion, sits absolutely fine, with me :laugh: ,....& im familiar with, your 'contributions' on here,......for quite a while, now ?,................."Trappers tools are a personal thing,.....and as long as they suit your needs, ..that is the main thing....",.........your right, there,.....nothings 'set in stone' regards, equipment,.....& truth is, theres a variety of it, that can be utilised, for the job ? " Personally, I prefer something a tad more comfortable and,.....solid...",............Now , your just gonna have too 'show your hand', here , & get a pic up, of your gear ? :tongue2: ha ha (only if you care, too)

• Like 1

:laugh:@ earth-thrower....

Got to,.. and have to,...is not in my vocabulary.... :no:

I'll willingly PM you some images of my well used mole trapping gear ,... if you insist.... :thumbs:

Ha ha ha,.....now , thats what i call a 'class' response, (that first line !),....i like it,..... :D (& im content, not too see anything, mate, i didnt mean it too seriously, anyway,......thought you might have been aware ? :D ,.....oh but , then again, im a 'stranger' to you ! lol)

• Like 1

I use a cut down stainless steel spade , same witdh as a Taplex. And my dibber is a handmade stainless steel purpose fit to my height.

I made the dibber many years ago, when I was asked to do some stainless steel welding for a friends company .

Knifes and little trowels are ok for the finer easier soils , but not for moor clay any stoney ground. + plus with spade not so much on your hands and knees

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...