Nice Land In Orkney

I'm spending a few weeks up my at my house in Orkney.

Only been up here a few days and that's all it took to make me remember why I bought it.

Had a couple of mooches with the dogs just enjoying the scenery.

Great land ,sparsely populated and full of wildlife.

Got loads of brown hares right on my doorstep and some of the best wildfowling shooting around.

I'm hoping to see some otters soon but that's going to take some patience.

Cannot wait for the day I can leave London and come here for good.post-101824-0-60565300-1491666788_thumb.jpgpost-101824-0-04067200-1491666839_thumb.jpgpost-101824-0-16048300-1491666881_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm spending a few weeks up my at my house in Orkney. Only been up here a few days and that's all it took to make me remember why I bought it. Had a couple of mooches with the dogs just enjoying th

Had a nice walk up the cliffs this morning. The deerhound x caught a rabbit so well pleased

Yes it is lovely up here. It's in the middle of no where and plenty of wildlife Once my son has flown the nest me and the missus will be up here in a flash. I've got a few acres and nice stone farm

Posted Images

Yes it is lovely up here. It's in the middle of no where and plenty of wildlife

Once my son has flown the nest me and the missus will be up here in a flash. I've got a few acres and nice stone farmhouse for the price of a garage in London . Going to be up at the crack of dawn and be walking the cliffs

• Like 5

Put it this way mate. I brought 2 acres and a 3 bedroom stone farmhouse which backs onto a loch and a nature reserve for less than what I would pay for a shitty studio flat in London.

It really is heaven up here but not everyone s cup of tea. It's wet and windy most of the time but if you like rural,isolated ,plenty of wildlife ,fresh food and a slower way of life this is the place to. Must admit the weather is pretty hardcore

• Like 3

I realy envy you mate my son in law owns some land on one of the islands but two scumbags put the kybosh on us ever moving up their .Good luck and I hope all goes well when you move up their.

What island that's mate? I'm on the mainland so got all the facilities but still everything I want. Them outer islands are proper isolated

I realy envy you mate my son in law owns some land on one of the islands but two scumbags put the kybosh on us ever moving up their .Good luck and I hope all goes well when you move up their.

What island that's mate? I'm on the mainland so got all the facilities but still everything I want. Them outer islands are proper isolated

He owns some land on Sanday not a large area but it would have been enough to build a smallholding on I think he might eventually sell the land tbh

He owns some land on Sanday not a large area but it would have been enough to build a smallholding on I think he might eventually sell the land tbh
I was looking on sanday at houses. You can get 30 odd acres and a run down house for about 100k. To isolated for me though. 500 people and one shop.
  • Like 1

I was looking on sanday at houses. You can get 30 odd acres and a run down house for about 100k. To isolated for me though. 500 people and one shop.

Yes it is pretty isolated though when I went in 2008 their was a mini mart and two pubs and two other small shops their was also a croft selling angora wool products but a lot can change in ten years on them small islands I would think.