Pulsar Apex Thermal Scope

was going to go down thermal route but decided against it -I think you will lose field craft skills and rely on thermal too much -ive managed very well without it for 30+ yrs so its a no from me -good luck if you go down that route

I have a Pulsar Apex 75 flaming expensive,I use it on my rimmys and air rifle no problem swapping over no problems has it can hold three different zero memory's,it has opened up an entire new world seeing stuff that normal IR wasn't seeing still got all my IR stuff but in my book thermal well out performance it for me,seeing foxes 1/2 mile roosting birds 1000 mtrs, rats playing in woods fields hundreds of mtrs away, hares laying up in fields,forget IMO what people say about its downsides everything has those,the positives well out strip any negatives,Had it for over a year now and yes you have to be careful with identifying stuff at range in particular at start but you quickly learn learn the difference between foxes and dog and cats and rabbits at distance close in work lets say 200 mtrs definition is good and even closer outstanding,safety wise as well its outstanding seeing heat sources through hedges and bushes,anyone on your perm your going to see them even if they are hiding from you,I thought long and hard before purchasing but since never looked back,I head shoot everything with this scope no problems at all,I will mansion one thing that this scope requires, when zeroing there has to a good difference between target heat sources I personally use the ring pull tin can lids and any old coins they show up well on any background.Just one more lol pea soup-fog / rain this scope still sees the same.

The new model Apex XQ50 LRF are coming out within a month, with a 1000m laser rangefinder built in, should bring deadly to a new level.

http://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/pulsar-apex-lrf-xq50-thermal-rifle-scope

Also the new Trail XQ/XP Scopes are out now.

http://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/Pulsar-Trail-XQ50-Thermal-Rifle-Scope

http://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/pulsar-trail-xp50-thermal-rifle-scope

• 3 weeks later...

Xq50 and xp50 is £1000+ extra worth it

Image is brilliant on the XP50 model, very noticeable difference over the XQ model.

But the XQ has more optical mag and is cheaper as you say, both will do the job, either way.