Scone Game Fair

I had to go to dumfries sherrif court many years ago for shooting pheasants on drumlanrig estate.

The sherrif said to me "give me a reason why i don't confiscate this gun"? Eh its not my gun!

Not good enough the rifles confiscated with a wry smile on his face lol

Finally got a reply

Hello,

We appreciate your interest in terriers and lurchers but we have to make choices over the limited space and time we have available and I am afraid the Committee have decided not include a feature for running dogs this year. We do always review this each year. The terrier racing is returning this year and continues to be one of the most popular events at the Fair. It is run by a local company and anyone is welcome to join in and enter their own dogs.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Kerry

• 1 month later...

After that reply i thought sod them and wrote a letter to the shooting times i got a printed reply this week

The Game & wildlife Conservation trust (GWCT) is proud to be welcoming more than 30,000 visitors to the Scottish game fair . For those seeking a traditional game fair experience , the ticket price of £20 reduced id booked before 16 june is a bargain . I dont know when you could of last attended one of the larger game fairs for £12or £13 as per last weeks letter . But i do have a cla game fair programme from 1979 in my office it cost 50p sadly ,inflation creeps up on us all . Gundogs remain an exciting and important part of the fair . We are delighted that terrier racing is making a return in 2017 but , as ever we cant fit in everything . However we are always interested in new ideas and particularly those willing and able to administer them . I would welcome the opportunity to meet anyone at the fair to discuss there thoughts over a coffee

Andrew Gilruth Director of marketing GWCT

Well i checked my prices of english game fairs before i wrote my letter and for years there was a terrier show there the guy that did the Great Yorkshire terrier show lives 10 minutes away and im sure he could organise a terrier show but im no sure if it cheek or the guys a bit dense he wants you to pay £20 to get into a show to tell him where hes going wrong . It just proves to me once and for all the GWCT are out of touch and probably dont care about any working terriers or lucher guys